PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2009, 09:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

Mrs. 8820 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile Samsung Moment questions

I just purchased the Samsung Moment and really like the phone but I have some questions and was hoping someone could help me. My first question is, is there any way to take the google search icon off of the main screen. Can't seem to find that in the book. Also, once you have been on the web, how do you close the applications. I am sure I have missed it in the manual but was hoping one of you guys can help me!
Thanks
Old 11-11-2009, 10:33 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Re: Samsung Moment questions

someone will help you, that's what we do! on a side note, you can't harrass me about my new phone!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:38 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

lol, you kids settle down. absolutly my fav. thread on this site. im pi$$ing my pants, thanx.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Athasian is keeping up the good workAthasian is keeping up the good work

to remove anything off your desktop, tap and hold on it until the phone vibrates just a second and the up arrow icon on the bottom slider becomes a trash can. then drag and slide it onto the trash can and let go.

This does not delete the item from the phone, just the icon for it on the desktop.

This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch
Carrier: sprint

nitussi is just getting started

you can also tap and hold the icon and move it left or right to one of your other dashboards/today screens
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-12-2009, 09:08 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Mrs. 8820 is just getting started

Thanks
Old 11-12-2009, 01:54 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

thanks for helping out my wife geekers!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-13-2009, 06:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Athasian is keeping up the good workAthasian is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. 8820 View Post
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
thanks for helping out my wife geekers!
You're welcome
Old 11-16-2009, 05:36 PM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. 8820 View Post
I just purchased the Samsung Moment and really like the phone but I have some questions and was hoping someone could help me. My first question is, is there any way to take the google search icon off of the main screen. Can't seem to find that in the book. Also, once you have been on the web, how do you close the applications. I am sure I have missed it in the manual but was hoping one of you guys can help me!
Thanks
To answer your second question: You can't close apps. You can back out of some apps by using the back button and that closes some of them but most just stay in memory until the OS decides it needs to close them.
Lesson learned don't work on PPC while drinking.
Old 11-17-2009, 07:27 PM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH

You can also download Advanced task killer free, from the app store, it's simple and works also it shows you ur memory usage.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment