PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2010, 10:31 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment, Touch Pro in tow
Carrier: Sprint

Mr. Belvedere is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Belvedere Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Belvedere
Re: Install HTC Keyboard on Moment

Noob question I'm sure, but how exactly do you "disable" Handcent SMS? Do I force close it or uninstall it or what? Thanks in advance. I have the new keyboard in portrait mode but I don't see anything when I use the hardware keyboard (no predictive text).

*edit* I seem to have predictive text with the hardware keyboard when I browse the internet but not when messaging. Any input would be much appreciated.

Last edited by Mr. Belvedere; 01-12-2010 at 09:53 AM. Reason: more info
Old 01-13-2010, 12:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Duh, think about it...

Talon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Dont disable Handcent, just disable all KB's cept the Touch one like in my post on the previous page, or follow link in my sig.

You wanna get rid of that TP? What part if Cinci you in?
Old 01-16-2010, 03:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

jvilleboy is a n00b

Yes I like this keyboard better than the Samsung version. It works great and I dont have to go back to correct the errors. It is on point, Thanks Talon.
Old 01-16-2010, 10:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment, Touch Pro in tow

Mr. Belvedere is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Belvedere Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Belvedere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon Pro View Post
Dont disable Handcent, just disable all KB's cept the Touch one like in my post on the previous page, or follow link in my sig.

You wanna get rid of that TP? What part if Cinci you in?
Gotcha. I disabled it & it only seems to work if I first touch the box to enter text into.
As Far as the Touch Pro, Ima hold onto it for backup purposes & flashing for now but will let you know if I wanna get rid of it...more than likely it will just collect dust to be honest with you lol. I'm in the College Hill area. You know about Cinci?
Old 01-19-2010, 05:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

SAShady is keeping up the good workSAShady is keeping up the good work

i got this installed before the CL14 update. Then it was wiped when i updated. Now when i install it and switch to it in the settings, it still shows the stock keyboard.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:41 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAShady View Post
i got this installed before the CL14 update. Then it was wiped when i updated. Now when i install it and switch to it in the settings, it still shows the stock keyboard.
Please report back if you get this fixed and how you did it. This would probably be a deal breaker for me in regards to the update, if I cannot use this keyboard.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

SAShady is keeping up the good workSAShady is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
Please report back if you get this fixed and how you did it. This would probably be a deal breaker for me in regards to the update, if I cannot use this keyboard.
GOT IT. Under Locale and Text you have to un-check Android Keyboard, and check Touch Input. Then under Touch Input settings, keyboard typed, click Compact QWERTY.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Duh, think about it...

Talon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAShady View Post
GOT IT. Under Locale and Text you have to un-check Android Keyboard, and check Touch Input. Then under Touch Input settings, keyboard typed, click Compact QWERTY.
Thats funny, cause i outlined that in my post....
Old 01-22-2010, 12:29 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon Pro View Post
Thats funny, cause i outlined that in my post....
Yeah, and I have it working now. But SAShady made it sound like that it didn't work on the Moment after the MR that Sprint installed.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jlip5617 is a n00b

does anybody else have a problem with the keyboard coming up with all caps? it didn't do this at first but now every time the keyboard comes up its in all caps and i have to change it. not a huge problem but rather annoying. is there any fix for this? am i being dumb lol

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment