PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Moment (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Please post your hands on Reviews (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=94783)

clockcycle 11-05-2009 02:38 PM

Please post your hands on Reviews

I still have some time before I get my best upgrade offer and would like to read more reviews and comparisons on this device.

ggoldfingerd 11-07-2009 12:35 AM

Re: Please post your hands on Reviews

It seems as if the Moment is kind of in the dark on reviews. I have been waiting for droiddog.com to review. All of these other phones coming out seems like the Moment is just getting pushed aside since it is just a Vanilla interface.

I am still having trouble determining if I want the Hero or the Moment. I may end up choosing one and switching if needed.

juandg 11-10-2009 12:26 AM

The Moment rocks!!!! I went for the Samsung Moment and I'm loving it!!!

I've been playing with one of my co-worker's Hero for a few days and I was convinced that was the phone I wanted, but I went to a Sprint store on Friday and held the Moment and the Hero side by side and compared most features, and I liked the Moment a lot better than the Hero.

The screen is brighter and the colors look more vivid, my wife immediately noticed it without me even opening my mouth, IT IS BETTER, is a fact of nature no fan boy can deny (I know they will though).

Senese UI is better than vanilla Android no doubt about it but for me it reminded me a lot of TouchFLO 3D and being a frustrated Windows Mobile user that came running to Android I really don't want that painful memory on my phone. (I do realize they are separated things but hey!! I got issues)

Keyboard is important for me, the dust issue on the Hero's "gap" between the screen and the bottom panel is also a factor and finally there's a bit of barley noticeable speed difference but I'm sure it will disappear once you have installed apps and loaded contacts etc.

Two places where the Moment is faster: Boot up time and camera app the rest is barley unnoticeable.

After making my evaluation I made my purchasing decision and spent all night playing with the phone and I'm very, very satisfied. Is not for everyone and if you're more of an Iphone kind of guy I guess the hero is better.

I also expect vanilla Android phones (or Google Experience I should say) like the Moment and the Droid to get updates faster like the G1 that is already rocking 1.6

shortbus182 11-10-2009 01:09 AM

I have had both the hero and now have the moment. Goto settings/manage applications on hero, and then count how long it takes to compute all the apps in the phone. Now do this in the moment and compare. The moment wins hands down as far as processor speed. My only gripes would be, the hero feels much more solid, and the screen on the moment kinda has a blueness to it.

MikeElGiga23 11-10-2009 01:28 AM

I played with one earlier today and my first impressions were... WOW the screen looks amazing!! Amoled really makes a difference and you really tell by how vivid the.colors were and how dark the blacks were, cpu speed is a plus. But wasnt a fan of the keyboard, no raised keys made it harder imo to type comfortably... didnt feel rite, and the design wasnt a strong point either (all opinion based btw) i have grown accustomed at senseui also so the vanilla android ui will be ...meh for me.

All in all, i think its a great all around device and i bet customers will b happy with it, just not for me

Talyn 11-10-2009 12:01 PM

I looked at it in the store.
It was tethered to the case, so hard to get a good feel for it.

The screen looked good and it responded well to my fingers.
I looked at the hero next to it for a moment, looked at the roller ball, and reifirmed the decision that i hate those things, They always feel so cheep and lame.
So i didn't even bother.
Went back to the moment. Played with it slightly, checked out the keyboard.
I'm a buttons guy, and I love all the buttons on the slide out keyboard on my TP. I'm going to miss them when my moment comes, They cramped the keyboard for style.
They need to expand this stuff and make more buttons! but keep it simple like the TP keyboard. That is the best keyboard i've seen yet. Ctrl button was my friend as well. It is so hard to copy and paste with a stylus. Just select it and hit the buttons like you would on the computer, very nice.
The function button was nice also. I dont recall seeing that sorta feature on here. But i could be mistaken. I like options, and buttons and buttons. I was dissapointed in the TP due to the normal buttons, They were garbage, made me want my mogul back.
We could truely get a good phone if they stop trying to sleek phones together.
OH crap, i'm ranting.

but anyways. The initial impression i got from the moment was really good.
I wanted to sit down and play with it for an hour though.
So i just ordered it to try it out. We'll see if the TP2 wins or the moment.
The moment has the nice processing speed. but the lack of tethering is a big breaking point.
Tethering is all i got for internet in my area, that and super poor service that sprint wont come out and fix.
Or VZW. Nobody. Only nextel has decent service here. haha.

If you say hero is better because of the multi touch and yada yada.
Why are you worried?
The Moment is a higher speed device. They dropped it out before its been developed all the way because the hardware is good.
Once this device is hacked, or taken care of properly by samsung, there most likely will be all the flashy bells and whistles.

And.
3.5 mm phone jack!
woooooooo!

Talyn 11-13-2009 12:17 AM

Okay, now i have my device. I can give a better review.

This thing is sweet.
Weighs a bit heavy, but i like that feel. feels like i have something in my hand.
My touch pro felt cheep.

The slider is Awesome!
I hate the keyboard though so far. I'm so spoiled with the touch pro's crazy button a lot keyboard.
Getting used to it
The screen is amazing!
I'd love to use a sylus on it, but oh well.
everything is pretty good stock.

Remember, with your mail. sign in to google accounts for it, do NOT make an email account. I think this is why others were having some problems.
They were signed in and pushing to 2 different programs.

Google Talk is a big buggy, but i love it.
I love not having to dial service.

I hate having to pay 2 more dollars a month, cause sprints plans are too expensive.
91 is a lot!

I'd think 70 a month would be more reasonable.

Mitten Diver 11-14-2009 12:04 PM

Re: Global Visas World Leading Authority Calls for UK Immigration Amnesty

Quote:

Originally Posted by fghi377 (Post 1327882)
Global Visas, one of the world’s leading immigration companies, today announced the need for an Immigration Amnesty, declaring the current state of UK immigration as “chaotic”.

?????????

Talyn 11-14-2009 02:49 PM

It's a spam post mitten. hopefully our mod cleans it out soon.

mistabusta 11-15-2009 07:59 PM

Just ordered a pair for my girl and myself. Will post my findings as soon as they arrive.