PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2009, 01:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Battery life

Anyone having battery issues? The GF got a moment and is loving it but the battery life is killing her we boght 2 new bateries and waiting for tem to get here but till then any advice on saving battery life? She has the screen set low kills background programs has push email set to 30 minutes any other advice? I tired to tel her turn it off completely but she liks her email almost on demand lol
Old 11-05-2009, 02:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Battery life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajac View Post
Anyone having battery issues? The GF got a moment and is loving it but the battery life is killing her we boght 2 new bateries and waiting for tem to get here but till then any advice on saving battery life? She has the screen set low kills background programs has push email set to 30 minutes any other advice? I tired to tel her turn it off completely but she liks her email almost on demand lol
I think you may have posted this already in the Android General thread. All I can tell you is you have not had the phone long enough to see the full capacity of the battery. It takes 2 weeks of charge discharge use to really get some out look on the battery life.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

dmora01 is just getting started

The battery life is good in mine, I am over 10 hours and I still have 60 % left with 1 hour in calls, 60 texts and check the run the browser 5 times to check news and weather, no way to do it with the hero, I think is because I have better signal!!! And I have all my text messages
Old 11-13-2009, 06:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

Athasian is keeping up the good workAthasian is keeping up the good work

It took me about 12 hours to wear the battery down the first day I used it. This was about 3 hours of browsing, an hour+ of calls, many many texts and e-mails, and downloading/playing games from the market. The battery meter is not very acurate at all. it drops quickly for a while, then I stayed at 30% for 3 hours, and another 2 at 15%, with the last hour or more at 5%. It never died, I just decided that I'd let it go far enough when it got to 3%.

Old 11-13-2009, 07:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

dth4310 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to dth4310

Reporting is horrible; i noticed drops of 20% or more without any real activity...but the phone actually stays alive for a long time.

I've focused on making sure only what i want is running via "TaskPanel" - and just have been hoping that after a few weeks of use it starts reporting better. Without having any concrete data, it "feels" like i'm doing a lot better after a week of having it.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, 6800

Talyn is keeping up the good workTalyn is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to Talyn

The battery life info everyone is giving on the moment is false.

People were probably pluging in the phone for 10 minutes before they unplugged it. The phone has great life, even where I live in no service hell.

So ignore them, and ignore your meter. Just try and let the phone die at night before you plug it in, if you are having it die on you. And let it charge all night long.

This cycle will let the phone learn the battery and display more accurate information.

Michigan Chapter Leader for Ford Truck Enthusiasts
http://www.midnightmods.com/

Networking, Computer Hardware, Farming

Old phones; I-1000x2, I-32sx, I-90x3, I-860x2, I-930x4, PPC-6800x4, Touch Pro
Old 11-19-2009, 10:40 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

jamn424 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajac View Post
read this thread very carefully: http://androidforums.com/samsung-mom...ery-quirk.html

battery issue can be solved by:

1) drain battery until the phone does not turn on again
2) plug it in into wall charge and charge to 100%.
3) plug it in into computer's USB charger until phone reports full again.
4) repeat steps 1-3 atleast 3 times when you initially buy it and once a month thereafter.

This routine has reported to the moment to have a battery life of 85.5 hours, no kidding. Read the thread above.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:43 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamn424 View Post
read this thread very carefully: http://androidforums.com/samsung-mom...ery-quirk.html

battery issue can be solved by:

1) drain battery until the phone does not turn on again
2) plug it in into wall charge and charge to 100%.
3) plug it in into computer's USB charger until phone reports full again.
4) repeat steps 1-3 atleast 3 times when you initially buy it and once a month thereafter.

This routine has reported to the moment to have a battery life of 85.5 hours, no kidding. Read the thread above.
85 hours? thats complete bull****. and tht above will damage the battery your not suppose to drain lithium ion batteries completely and then charge completely.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

A thing to note; once your phone stops charging because it is full, it starts to use up the charge during the night until you wake up to look at it. You will see it reporting "full charge" but indeed that was true until it stopped charging. That is why when you unplug it you drop to 80-90%, it used 10-20% since it stopped charging.. It doesn't trickle or auto restart unless you unplug and replug it to top off what it used during the night..

Hope that makes sense.

-CC
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:55 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post
A thing to note; once your phone stops charging because it is full, it starts to use up the charge during the night until you wake up to look at it. You will see it reporting "full charge" but indeed that was true until it stopped charging. That is why when you unplug it you drop to 80-90%, it used 10-20% since it stopped charging.. It doesn't trickle or auto restart unless you unplug and replug it to top off what it used during the night..

Hope that makes sense.

-CC
+1 this is true and correct!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment