PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2009, 07:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Moto Q 9C
Carrier: Sprint

M2LAUNCH is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint: Samsung Moment on SERO?

Dunno if this helps much but i just got off the phone with the employee refferal line 1-888-882-4030 aka the line for sero customers

I renewed myself into a 2 year contract kept my sero plan and they shipped me the moment .... don't know if there will be serious issues getting it activated but its enroute ill get it monday according to the rep.

I did confirm with him that i wasn't upgrading to the simply everything plan and i was maintaining my current plan $50 Sero 1250

Wish me luck and i wish you all luck getting the moment on your sero.

--m2
Old 11-06-2009, 01:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel
Threadstarter

ink718 is keeping up the good workink718 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to ink718

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2LAUNCH View Post
Dunno if this helps much but i just got off the phone with the employee refferal line 1-888-882-4030 aka the line for sero customers

I renewed myself into a 2 year contract kept my sero plan and they shipped me the moment .... don't know if there will be serious issues getting it activated but its enroute ill get it monday according to the rep.

I did confirm with him that i wasn't upgrading to the simply everything plan and i was maintaining my current plan $50 Sero 1250

Wish me luck and i wish you all luck getting the moment on your sero.

--m2
Welcome to PPCG! Keep us updated if you get that Moment activated on the SERO plan. ;]

Don't forget to say thanx! ;]
Old 11-09-2009, 01:21 AM
Lurker

M2LAUNCH is a n00b

Well surprise, surprise a sprint Rep lied to me .... after spending about an hour on the phone with retentions and running it up to supervisors ..... this is what i ended up with

500 anytimes minutes for land lines, anymobile anytime ( unlimited minutes to all US cell phones )

All the other goodies (text, data, navigation, sprint tv, ie a bunch of stuff i'll never use)

All for 59.99 per month they also gave me 10 off my bill every month til next July.

So overall 50 per month for almost a year, oh yeah they took 50 off the cost of the moment so i got that for 120 bucks after MIR

Sorry to get anyones hopes up but maybe this will help someone who was thinking about getting a new android phone ?

--M2
Old 11-09-2009, 02:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2LAUNCH View Post
Well surprise, surprise a sprint Rep lied to me .... after spending about an hour on the phone with retentions and running it up to supervisors ..... this is what i ended up with

500 anytimes minutes for land lines, anymobile anytime ( unlimited minutes to all US cell phones )

All the other goodies (text, data, navigation, sprint tv, ie a bunch of stuff i'll never use)

All for 59.99 per month they also gave me 10 off my bill every month til next July.

So overall 50 per month for almost a year, oh yeah they took 50 off the cost of the moment so i got that for 120 bucks after MIR

Sorry to get anyones hopes up but maybe this will help someone who was thinking about getting a new android phone ?

--M2
So am assuming you had the 1250 mins SERO plan?
Old 11-09-2009, 12:59 PM
Lurker

M2LAUNCH is a n00b

Yup had the sero 1250 at 49.99
Old 11-09-2009, 02:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

thelastpoet is keeping up the good workthelastpoet is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenix1 View Post
Yea I just tried yesterday. It's a no go. Sprint rep said pretty soon you wont be able to activate any of the high end phone on sero plan. Sprint is bull****ting. I guess a good way to cover up there mistakes.
well the majority of the people with Sero plans didnt really KNOW a sprint rep and just used the plan to get cheap sprint service...

they were bought and sold on ebay...etc etc...

so i can understand why they would want people off of those plans...sprint is a business and they i would hope would want to be profitable at some point
Old 11-13-2009, 12:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastpoet View Post
well the majority of the people with Sero plans didnt really KNOW a sprint rep and just used the plan to get cheap sprint service...

they were bought and sold on ebay...etc etc...

so i can understand why they would want people off of those plans...sprint is a business and they i would hope would want to be profitable at some point

They didn't have to, Sprint knew what was going on, they needed to get people excited and in on Sprint Contracts. It was self propelled advertising and worth the cost. Employee accounts had more and cost even less, so it's not like they were losing money.

They could have made those two emails most people used that were posted publicly on popular savings forums lock after a few people, but they didn't they did it on purpose. The guy who originally posted the most used email was/is a Sprint employee, and he was "referring" you to Sprint, thus making it legit.

The thing is I don't know if you guys noticed, the SERO data plan isn't anywhere as robust as it was at the start and nothing compared to the Everything Plus data. Even tho it's unlimited, it's bandwidth isn't..

IMHO I think they don't want people with the newer data intensive phones complaining about subpar data access using those phones on SERO's casual data.
Old 11-13-2009, 06:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post
They didn't have to, Sprint knew what was going on, they needed to get people excited and in on Sprint Contracts. It was self propelled advertising and worth the cost. Employee accounts had more and cost even less, so it's not like they were losing money.

They could have made those two emails most people used that were posted publicly on popular savings forums lock after a few people, but they didn't they did it on purpose. The guy who originally posted the most used email was/is a Sprint employee, and he was "referring" you to Sprint, thus making it legit.

The thing is I don't know if you guys noticed, the SERO data plan isn't anywhere as robust as it was at the start and nothing compared to the Everything Plus data. Even tho it's unlimited, it's bandwidth isn't..

IMHO I think they don't want people with the newer data intensive phones complaining about subpar data access using those phones on SERO's casual data.
I understand what your saying but I disagree with you. I order for Sprint to give SERO plans holders a lower connection they would have to open up a new network. So it doesn't matter what plan you, as long you have a data plan you will get the same speeds. I mean look at everyone who goes to dslreports.com everyone has similiar speeds no matter if they are on a SERO plan or a Everything Plus plan.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

i mean seriously...come on...you cant argue semantics like that....it was a very specific program for sprint employees to physically refer someone to use this special plan(the rep publically posting their email address was a violation of the program)...not a plan for people to get cheap sprint service

of all the people i have dealt with that had sero plans not 1 single person actually KNEW the person that "referred" them...

it was a loophole...it got closed...and its getting closed more ESPECIALLY since sprint corp has a new fam and friends program...so sero plans are getting outdated...

you got over for awhile and it caught up to you...instead of pinning it on the evil big bad sprint just take it for what it is...the end of a hookup
Old 11-15-2009, 09:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post

and no plan has true unlimited...the cap has been unofficially 5gb for years and officially 5 gb for about a yr...

sprint has turned a blind eye to it in the past unless you got super crazy stupid over the cap but theres never been a truely unlimited plan

(though there was a mysterious data card plan that was unlimited and 130 bucks per month whose soccode has dissapeared so im not even sure it exist anymore)

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment