PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2012, 05:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

kkb9750 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
SW Updater Driver Problem - no M900 driver

Hello,

Been working through some tutorials on how to root my Moment for a few days now and I finally decided to pull the trigger last night. I am following this tutorial:

http:/ /www.market4android.com/how-t...t-volume-3.php

How to Root the Samsung Moment – Volume 3 | Market 4 Android[/URL] and here is my current phone data:
Model Number: SPH-M900
Firmware Version 2.1-update1
Baseband Version: S:M900.8.0S.DJ07
Kernel Version: 2.6.29
Build Number: ECLAIR.DJ07
Hardware Version: M900.8.0

Before I started I verified I can plug my moment into my computer, the computer recognizes the device, says all drivers are installed and up to date, and I can mount the SD card.

I am able to restart my phone into the "downloader" mode per the instructions in the SW Updater, but when I connect my phone to my computer while the phone is in the "downloader" mode I run into some issues.

I am running x64 windows 7 and I get the standard "windows has detected a device" pop up when I pull the phone into the computer as instructed by the updater. However this time it throws a "cannot find driver" error. When I look at my device manager I no loner see a Samsung Android device, but instead just an unknown device labeled M900.

Can anyone think of what I'm doing wrong?

Many thanks!

KKB

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment

Tags
driver, m900, root, samsung moment