PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2011, 08:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

fongmac is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Need help upgrading to 2.1

I downloaded the SamsungMoment_Update_MR4.exe file from Sprint. Ran the installation. Followed the instructions and got the moment to download mode. I get to the part where you connect the usb cable to the Moment and the pc. But instead of downloading nothing happens. On the bottom left of the screen there is a message "port detecting" and that's it, nothing else happens. Any ideas???
Old 04-18-2011, 08:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

fongmac is a n00b
Re: Need help upgrading to 2.1

No ones run into this issue???? Another thing is, when I look in device manager on my pc I do not see the Samsung Moment. But when plug and unplug the usb cable from the pc the phone makes a noise that it is connected and the phone is charging through the pc. Also, the usb cable I have is a universal usb cable I got from Walmart. Not sure if that makes a difference or not.....any help would be appreciated.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:58 AM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Have u previously hooked up your moment to the computer successfully before...and your computer recognized your phone?

If you HAVE not...I suggest going to Samsung's website and look for the Moment's drivers...have those installed...then you should be able to hook up the phone and do whatcha need to.

Hope this helps

Old 04-24-2011, 04:55 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

still having problems?
Old 04-29-2011, 11:14 PM
O-Matic
Pocket PC: Vogue, TP2, Epic 4G, Nexus S, Galaxy SIII, Nexus 4
Carrier: Big Pink

shane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to shane6374

Quote:
Originally Posted by fongmac View Post
No ones run into this issue???? Another thing is, when I look in device manager on my pc I do not see the Samsung Moment. But when plug and unplug the usb cable from the pc the phone makes a noise that it is connected and the phone is charging through the pc. Also, the usb cable I have is a universal usb cable I got from Walmart. Not sure if that makes a difference or not.....any help would be appreciated.
The cables can make a difference. Also, have you tried different usb ports? Sometimes either of those could cause the drivers not to install, or the pc not properly detect the device.

Remember to clickon those who help! It's right down there.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:48 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Quote:
Originally Posted by shane6374 View Post
The cables can make a difference. Also, have you tried different usb ports? Sometimes either of those could cause the drivers not to install, or the pc not properly detect the device.
Exact deal i had with a moment and switching ports was answer.

Sent from my LG-V909 using Tapatalk

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment