PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2010, 07:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700 apache & Diamond Touch
Carrier: Sprint

mu5tang is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Should I switch to the Moment

The wife doesn't like her Moment (partly due to the Mute/Speaker issue). She wants another phone and said I could have hers... It is stock (Sprint)

I currently use a unlocked HTC Diamond. I've had this phone for over a year now and greatly depend on the wifi router app while travelling.

Should I switch to the Moment? Is the wifi (tethering) reliable like the HTCs?

Thanks in advance for any information you can share...
Old 08-31-2010, 08:11 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
If she updates to 2.1 she shouldn't have the mute speaker phone issue anymore. Its a pretty good phone overall.

EVO on Tapatalk
Old 09-01-2010, 06:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Joeseph Mother is keeping up the good workJoeseph Mother is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Should I switch to the Moment

I just got my touch pro 2 back, had been using my wife's moment, and it won't be long til I miss the moment, there's some really good updates brewing at samdroid.net that can be ported over, they will be updating the filesystem and graphics drivers soon, once they do it will be a great phone.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:27 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Re: Should I switch to the Moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by mu5tang View Post
The wife doesn't like her Moment (partly due to the Mute/Speaker issue). She wants another phone and said I could have hers... It is stock (Sprint)

I currently use a unlocked HTC Diamond. I've had this phone for over a year now and greatly depend on the wifi router app while travelling.

Should I switch to the Moment? Is the wifi (tethering) reliable like the HTCs?

Thanks in advance for any information you can share...
I just got a moment recently. Still have a Diamond sitting in the closet and definitely prefer the Moment. There is a M900 WiFi tether app specifically for the moment, it underclocks the CPU to 266 Mhz for reliability. I've tethered several time with no problems.

The Moment is easy to Root and Flash a Custom ROM. Look over at sdx-developers. I will say, make sure you have a car charger and several A/C and USB chargers, so far mine really eats the battery!

You can always go back to the Diamond if you don't like it Right?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment