PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2010, 12:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo3D
Carrier: Sprint

nasa1303 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
power button gone bad

ok so my power button seems to have wore out. is there any other button like a keyboard button that i can use. if i loose power because of dead battery sometimes i can hardly get it back on. i have insurance on the phone but the other day it got rained on and my battery sticker is pink. this may have been the problem because it didn't seem to have any problems with the button before this happened. all other buttons work fine it is just the power/hangup button. so i know i will have to pay a deductible to get it replaced anyone know what it is now days? it use to be 50 but i heard it went up to 100. and do they take the money then or does it go on your bill?
Old 08-03-2010, 03:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: moment
Carrier: sprint

htcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to htcman724 Send a message via Yahoo to htcman724
Re: power button gone bad

not sure about how much the deductible is but try this get a zipplock bag put some rice in it then take the back cover off and remove the battery put the battery and phone inside the rice and leave it there 4 a couple hours if theres water inside it should be pulled out by the rice see if that helps it out.if not just explain that it got wet from the rain and was in your pocket.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

tried rice, didn't work anyone know of any other buttons that would turn it on other than the main power button? i don't think water damage was inside. i took the back of the phone apart and the water sticker inside the phone is good. it still has the xxxxx on the sticker. the battery sticker went pink though, no more xxxxx. So i know they will try and make me pay the deductible.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

is there a soft reset on the moment without taking the battery out? it is on but i don't have any data connection. i use to just turn my phone off and then back on and it would fix it but with the bad power button i am afraid to take the battery out. is there another way to just reboot it without using the power button?
Old 08-20-2010, 11:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: rooted M900 Moment

loserpunk701 is just getting started

if you have rooted your phone, you can download 'quick boot' from the market, it gives you the option to reboot, as well as boot into recovery and bootloader.
Old 08-29-2010, 05:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

yeah, i saw that on the market. i got a free replacement shipped to me the other day. i had it rooted at one time but had to do a hard reset to get data back. since my power button didn't work i could not take the battery out and redo the root. no worries now. sent the crappy one back a couple of days ago.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul

plantman60 is a n00b

Hi, just saw your post--here's what i do:
if my Moment is completely off, I plug in the usb cable and it self-starts, then I unplug and it's fine. Weird, I know. Good luck!
Old 10-12-2010, 01:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul

plantman60 is a n00b

Sorry, forgot to add that my power button is also shot, so if no computer is around to plug into, I have to open up the keyboard and the phone then comes back to life (if asleep).

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment