PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2010, 11:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Try619 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New to android have questions?

I've had my moment for about 2 weeks and I have some questions. First is there a way to change the text message notification to a ringtone or maybe to have it vibrate? because most times I dont even hear it. Also whenever I open an application and I either press the home key or back key it brings me back the home screen, i'm wondering if the program closes automaticlly? or is it still running somewhere on my phone. Even with skyfire I will launch it and theres no close out or exit feature. So i'm worried that it is still running and that it is causing my battery to die a little faster. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, HTC Evo, BB9670, Samsung Epic

wudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: New to android have questions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Try619 View Post
I've had my moment for about 2 weeks and I have some questions. First is there a way to change the text message notification to a ringtone or maybe to have it vibrate? because most times I dont even hear it. Also whenever I open an application and I either press the home key or back key it brings me back the home screen, i'm wondering if the program closes automaticlly? or is it still running somewhere on my phone. Even with skyfire I will launch it and theres no close out or exit feature. So i'm worried that it is still running and that it is causing my battery to die a little faster. Thanks in advance.
Yes, you can change the notification for messaging. Open the app, Menu>Settings>Ringtone. You can apply vibrate there as well. Returning to home screen doesn't close most apps. You need a task manager/killer. I use automatic task killer. It's free from market.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: moment
Carrier: sprint

htcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to htcman724 Send a message via Yahoo to htcman724

ok i use rings extended from the market second yes when you close out of a program it does kill it most of the time but the ones that don't close out will not kill your battery any faster and if your going to use wifi tethering its not a good idea to use a automatic task killer as it will kill the wifi tether app.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, HTC Evo, BB9670, Samsung Epic

wudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by htcman724 View Post
ok i use rings extended from the market second yes when you close out of a program it does kill it most of the time but the ones that don't close out will not kill your battery any faster and if your going to use wifi tethering its not a good idea to use a automatic task killer as it will kill the wifi tether app.
You can easily set the killer to exclude any program or even ignore the front page. Mine works great tethering and using the killer.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

outerpip is a n00b

The way I've been explained Android works is when you are in a program, and you press the home key, it leaves the program, but leaves it active in the background. If you press the back key to return to the home screen, it puts the program in a "dormant" state, but not quite fully exited. As stated above, the only way to really exit a program is with a task killer, but even then, Android will sometimes re-open the program, especially depending on what program it is...gets annoying sometimes.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:23 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

HeXDeMoN is just getting started

I have similar question as OP for notification I already changed mine to a more hearable sound but how would I get it to work with vibrate? If I have my phone set to vibrate it doesnt when I get a text which is annoying. Also could I have the display turn on when I get a text or call?

When I'm at work I have to turn off my sound so I sits in front of me on my desk on vibrate and I never know if I get a text or anything.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo / E4gT / MoPho

treotraveler is keeping up the good worktreotraveler is keeping up the good worktreotraveler is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeXDeMoN View Post
I have similar question as OP for notification I already changed mine to a more hearable sound but how would I get it to work with vibrate? If I have my phone set to vibrate it doesnt when I get a text which is annoying. Also could I have the display turn on when I get a text or call?

When I'm at work I have to turn off my sound so I sits in front of me on my desk on vibrate and I never know if I get a text or anything.
Get Missed Reminder in the Market. You can set various reminders for SMS, MMS, Missed call and email. You can set it to turn on the screen at a predetermined interval and keep vibrating at a set interval.

Works good on my Moment........
Old 06-25-2010, 12:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

outerpip is a n00b

Also, if you want the screen to turn on for a text, try handcent or chompsms. I use handcent for the same reason...phone is sitting on a table or something, and since there is no notification led, I use it so I can tell when I get a text.
Old 06-27-2010, 01:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: moment

htcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to htcman724 Send a message via Yahoo to htcman724

keylights gives you the led flash for text and vibrate function.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: samsung moment

_Underscore is a n00b

is there a way to connect to a network printer?... like in windows i would click start/ run
and type in \\172.16.0.200 for my print server and put in my user name & password . can i do this with my samsung moment?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment