PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Moment (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Keyboard (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=125830)

Still_Waters_43 06-20-2010 12:32 AM

Keyboard

We are compring the Hero and Moment. Can anyone share their thoughts on the Hero's virtual VS the Moment's physical keyboard

rainfreak 06-20-2010 12:45 AM

Re: Keyboard

I was certain when I got the Moment that I was going to utilize the harware keyboard. But, in the end, I realized that I rarely if ever did so. I then switched to the Hero and I can objectively tell you that the Hero was faster than the Moment for everything. Though that was because I was using custom ROMs, which were not yet available on the Moment. So that poinet may be moot (and most cwertainly off topic).

As for the IME, I tried just about all of them and finally ended up using Better Keyboard. I liked the way it was layed out better, the fact that it could be skinned and the prediction was more suited for me (better suggestions). FWIW, I still use Better Keyboard on my EVO, over the HTC one.

Hope that helps you a little...

Joeseph Mother 06-20-2010 11:26 AM

Just flashed my first custom rom to my new moment, I chose it over the hero for two reasons: 800 mhz processor vs 528 on the hero, and the physical keyboard. Now that I have my own fast rom on the phone, I don't regret the decision at all, but if you're keeping everything stock, I'd recommend the hero just for HTC sense. The keyboard on the moment is decent, but feels kinda soft.

SAShady 06-20-2010 12:41 PM

Swype all the way. I cannot text while driving on either device unless im using Swype

Joeseph Mother 06-23-2010 04:57 AM

Honk if you love Jesus. Text while driving to meet Him.

Still_Waters_43 06-25-2010 01:11 AM

+1 LMAO :laughing6:

SAShady 06-25-2010 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joeseph Mother (Post 1831723)
Honk if you love Jesus. Text while driving to meet Him.

I have been driving AND texting for 10 years. I'll have you know, i'm a very safe, aware, and DAMN good driver. It's when you take one of those elements away is when you have problems.

Still_Waters_43 06-25-2010 12:41 PM

That's the kind of driver I am too!... now the question is which one of us would others like to meet while out driving? :scratch:

SAShady 06-25-2010 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still_Waters_43 (Post 1837195)
That's the kind of driver I am too!... now the question is which one of us would others like to meet while out driving? :scratch:

I HATE when i see people on the phone swerving and driving like a-holes. I don't do that, i have someone riding with me all day at work, and they would tell me if i'm driving bad.

Joeseph Mother 06-26-2010 02:24 AM

Actually, they tell you that if you're familiar with where you're driving and you're doing something else that doesn't get you too excited you'll be fine. It's when you're texting and driving and get lost, or talking and driving and hear that someone died, or eating and driving and spill your food, that your brain just focuses on the bad thing completely and makes you lose focus on one.