PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2010, 10:32 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Sprint TP2 6.5 stock: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

You folks that have the moment how do you rate it ? I currently have an evo & b4 that a touch pro 2 but this on screen texting with evo is horrid I.m.o and am debating on bringing it back to preserve my upgrade.. I don't want to go back to Winmo and want to stick with android if possible and need the physical keyboard . anyone who inputs their thoughts I thank u
Old 06-05-2010, 05:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

nvmyc is keeping up the good worknvmyc is keeping up the good work
Re: opinons please

I have owned every high end Sprint smartphone for like the last 2 years...BB Tour, Curve, TP2, TP, Hero, Pre...just to name a few and while I don't own an EVO (yet) I have had about 2 hours or so with it and I can honestly say that the Moment is my favorite phone...that is once you tweak it to your liking. I don't live in a 4G area so that experience I can't live for some time. I am an Android lover but at the same time I need a physical keyboard and with all tweaks that SDX is doing my Moment is by far my most favorite phone ever. The EVO is a true beast and a great phone but if you need a physical keyboard and you don't mind getting into customizing then you might wanna look into the Moment or Moment 2 if you are sticking with Sprint. Sometimes the most powerful phones are not the best for you and your everyday use...hope this helps.
Old 06-05-2010, 05:40 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Personally, I find the virtual keyboard on the EVO to be MUCH MORE user friendly than the physical keyboard on the Moment. IMHO, the keyboard on the Moment sucks to say the least, especially coming from a rock star keyboard like that of the TP2.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Evo/Epic

insomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinsomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinsomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
Personally, I find the virtual keyboard on the EVO to be MUCH MORE user friendly than the physical keyboard on the Moment. IMHO, the keyboard on the Moment sucks to say the least, especially coming from a rock star keyboard like that of the TP2.
I have to agree with you. Typing in portrait on the Evo is just fine and the soft keys in portrait are bigger than those small hard keys that are not spaced on the moment which was a pain and the Evo's screen size and sensitivity is great. Plus I don't have to constantly go in out of airplane mode because of being stuck in 1x, that was a pain. My friend got a free Moment yesterday, now rocking the Evo.
By the way, I typed this on the evo in lanscape as a first and was a breeze

Last edited by insomniac; 06-05-2010 at 09:38 PM.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sam. Moment, HTC EVO
Carrier: sprint

dc13 is becoming a great contributor

i have both the EVO and Moment granted the evo is faster I like the Moment because of the keyboard more. my with has a moment but doesnt like it because of the keyboard. so its just user pref. and wants to get a evo.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: moment
Carrier: sprint

htcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to htcman724 Send a message via Yahoo to htcman724

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumpringz View Post
Wirelessly posted (Sprint TP2 6.5 stock: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

You folks that have the moment how do you rate it ? I currently have an evo & b4 that a touch pro 2 but this on screen texting with evo is horrid I.m.o and am debating on bringing it back to preserve my upgrade.. I don't want to go back to Winmo and want to stick with android if possible and need the physical keyboard . anyone who inputs their thoughts I thank u

i have a moment thats rooted and would like the evo but don't have an upgrade anytime soon as i just got the moment if you want a moment i would be more than happy to do a trade with you.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:25 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

Gcav is a n00b

i love my moment and the keyboard is much easier for me then onscreen. Not saying i couldnt get use to it if i had the evo lol . Only problem i have ever had with moment is the gps not working very well. If you have to have a keyboard the moment is the way to go i think. But boy those evos are nice =)
Old 06-07-2010, 10:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo3D

nasa1303 is becoming a great contributor

keyboard on moment is ok, not quite as good as my tp2 was. i cant get use to the space bar for some reason on my moment. but i am sure everyone has a different opinion. never picked up a evo but i think i would deal with the onscreen keyboard to get the larger screen and faster processor.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:25 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

moment 2 is around the corner as well i believe, may want to wait a month or 2 for that
Old 06-08-2010, 06:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

jdmm72 is a n00b

I went from a "Alltel" Touch Pro (on Verizon, horrible experience) to a Verizon TP2 to a Sprint Samsung moment, and so far I like it. I'm still getting used to Android's call handling and screen dimming, but it's not too bad. I keep hanging up on people when the screen dims (end call relights it in everything but a call, in which it hangs up), but am getting that under control.

Additionally, I do kinda like all the extras that Sprint offers over Verizon with the Navigation, and TV. Also, I like the speed of Android over WM6.5 or WM6.1. One complaint I do have is the inability to stream "windows" audio files or Real Audio files though. I miss that. And no Real Player beta DOESN'T do that. But sigh...

Last edited by jdmm72; 06-08-2010 at 06:25 PM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment