PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2010, 08:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc EVO
Carrier: sprint

stangdriver52000 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Somebody please help!!!

I am trying very hard to love android, but this moment is kicking my A$$.... I bricked it once and had to have sprint service department restore it. So it is now on the offical 2.1 and no matter what I do, I can not get the SWUpdate utility to run... I follow all the instructions to the letter, all goes fine untill I click the start download button, then the word Ready shows up in blue.... and thats it... I am compleatly lost as to what is going wrong, I am on a PC running windows 7 64 bit. At first I thought it was a problem with AVG, cause when I uninstalled avg I got the utility to actually work once... once, now every time it just says ready I am about to head right back to good old winmo... where when you follow the instructions $hit just F-ing worked.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: moment

htcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to htcman724 Send a message via Yahoo to htcman724
Re: Somebody please help!!!

ok well need a little more info if your on 2.1 what are you trying to do?if your trying to root then make sure you have the old updater other wise it WILL NOT work.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro

hairyhermit is a n00b

yep newest version of updater had me running in circles for a while as well, once i downgraded it was easy street.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

vashthegreen is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to vashthegreen Send a message via Yahoo to vashthegreen Send a message via Skype™ to vashthegreen

i am having a big problem too! I was using caulkins 1.5. Everything was fine but suddenly i was getting messages that my sd card was corrupted. I backed up my card to my computer and recovered the sd card.

Now my phone won't go past the startup screen. doesn't even show the loading bar. I have tried to boot into recovery too. no luck.

Any ideas?
Old 06-16-2010, 11:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: moment

htcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to htcman724 Send a message via Yahoo to htcman724

reflash to stock using the updater if you can get into download mode if not time to go to sprint and have them replace it.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment