PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2010, 08:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moment
Carrier: sprint

tvirus1134 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to tvirus1134
Question apps to sd

Can someone please help me move/install apps on my SDcard? My phone keeps running out of internal memory.
I do clear the cache and remove unused apps also remove texts and other media (pictures, videos and music). Which I hate doing because I would like to keep my media and such.
I have a 8GB card and only use less than 1GB. I want to be able to actually use more space on the SD by installing/running apps from the SD.
I have tried a guide using "Root Explorer" (I cannot recall where I got the guide if I find it I'll link it). That actually messed up my phone because I moved the wrong folder. So I'm currently reflashing my phone because my backups are now corrupt.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

GregCT2010 is a n00b
Re: apps to sd

First, you have to be running a ROM that supports apps2sd, from what I understand the Sprint Stock does not.
Second, you have to format/partition your sd card in a format that the particular apps2sd your ROM follows. The first version of apps2sd I had you had to force the apps over to the sd via booting into recovery and choosing that option from the list. The ROM i use now does it automatically during reboots. I have 50+ apps installed, around 30mb of free space on phone (some files for each app stay on phone, from what I understand) and was originally running out of space on phone with Stock Sprint ROM at around 25-30 apps before...
If you are running a ROM that supports auto-apps2sd and is already applying it, you may just have reached the limit. Everything in life has limits, somewhere, and you may have to just decide which apps you want to keep as your 'favorites' and dump the rest. Not all apps will work with apps2sd or support it, either, so beyond some of the files left to reside on the phone they completely install on the phone.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

nvmyc is keeping up the good worknvmyc is keeping up the good work
Re: apps to sd

The easiest way to do it is to go to SDX-developers(dot)com and install Recovery 3.1.1 and in the recovery menu you can partition your sd card by the touch of a button as long as you have done the ^^above first.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:48 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moment
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

tvirus1134 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to tvirus1134
Thumbs down Re: apps to sd

How do I find out if what I'm running supports the apps to sd? I'm using Eclairdd16.

I don't why you said.
"... you may just have reached the limit. Everything in life has limits..."
I know I haven't reached the limit because my SD is using less than 1gb. And I know that I cant have endless apps or endless space. That has nothing to do with the question at hand. So wth? I'll just go through my history find the guide and use that forum.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

vabronxboogie is just getting started
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; SPH-M900 Build/ECLAIR) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Download astro and it saves all ur apps onn the sd card...

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment

Tags
apps to sd, install apps on sd