PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2010, 01:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Try619 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anybody waiting to see what WP7 has to offer

I just got the Moment a few days ago because my touch pro was giving me problems. I have to say that I really like android the apps are great, and the os runs really smooth, and it's fairly easy to navigate. But as much as I want the Evo, i'm not ready to commit to android. I mean my contract is up on 10/1/2010 and i'm sure that by that time we should have some more info on what wp7 devices are coming out. So is anybody waiting like me? or have you guys jumped on android premanently.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:55 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn
Re: Anybody waiting to see what WP7 has to offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Try619 View Post
I just got the Moment a few days ago because my touch pro was giving me problems. I have to say that I really like android the apps are great, and the os runs really smooth, and it's fairly easy to navigate. But as much as I want the Evo, i'm not ready to commit to android. I mean my contract is up on 10/1/2010 and i'm sure that by that time we should have some more info on what wp7 devices are coming out. So is anybody waiting like me? or have you guys jumped on android permanently.
It could be quite possible that Windoze 7 comes out swinging, but we are still talking about Microsoft. A part of me thinks 7 won't be any different than 6.1/6.5. I'm perfectly satisfied with Android and don't ever see myself going back. Put the power in the hands of the users and give them freedom of choice. The biggest appeal for windoze for me when I got my first smartphone was the customization part. But Android is becoming more and more customize-able so there goes that whole thing.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: SPRINT

twisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on rep

+1 On the Customization....

I Have had a PPC 6700, Mogul, Touch, Touch Pro, and now my Moment.........

IMO........The Moment wins.....with Huge leaps and bounds....

I flashed ROMs.......I cooked ROMs....and could never get my windows phones to work quite the way that I believe they should.....But, the Moment..........Well, root it and your done.

I doubt windows mobile can ever convince me to return.

IF YOU FEEL THE NEED TO SHOW SOME LOVE ------>
Old 06-09-2010, 08:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo3D

nasa1303 is becoming a great contributor

was a big windows guy myself. used the ppc6700, then the vougue, then the mogul, then the touch pro, then the touch pro2. now have the moment and hands down android beats windows for me. i don't see myself EVER going back to windows mobile. windows7 is going to do the same thing windows6.5 does.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:55 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

wp7 fan club is here.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=123606
Old 06-13-2010, 03:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

nvmyc is keeping up the good worknvmyc is keeping up the good work

All windows phone suck, I use to be a fan until I had a "real" phone....they have...constant freezing, lockups, etc...I have owned, ppc 6700, Mogul, Touch, Treo 700wx, Diamond, Touch Pro and a TP2 and they all suck compared to anything Android or Iphone or the new Palm's. Terrible and I wouldn't expect anything great from them as the videos I have seen on them make it look okay at best.....Really, who needs an icon for Xbox Live? I want to know my achievements? See my Avatar? WTF, who cares...it'll blow and the fanboy's that are waiting are just lying to themselves.
Old 06-13-2010, 03:55 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvmyc View Post
All windows phone suck, I use to be a fan until I had a "real" phone....they have...constant freezing, lockups, etc...I have owned, ppc 6700, Mogul, Touch, Treo 700wx, Diamond, Touch Pro and a TP2 and they all suck compared to anything Android or Iphone or the new Palm's. Terrible and I wouldn't expect anything great from them as the videos I have seen on them make it look okay at best.....Really, who needs an icon for Xbox Live? I want to know my achievements? See my Avatar? WTF, who cares...it'll blow and the fanboy's that are waiting are just lying to themselves.

I am waiting....its a win win in my book...if I dont like it...the new droid phones will have 2ghz....cannot lose imo......btw I stongly disagree with Palm and Iphone beating out my TP2...

But for now....repping P7

Old 06-14-2010, 08:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero w/ Custom ROM

celsius0010 is keeping up the good workcelsius0010 is keeping up the good work

Im not waiting for anyone.. The new windows phones seem more like iPhones with less features then Windows Mobile 7.. Unless the os is pretty thoroughly revamped in the next few months I dont see it happening..

No copy paste
No multitasking
No customization
No HTC homescreens
No non market apps

You have to be kidding me Id take a Touch Pro 2 over that.. M$ had better hope the guys here and at XDA can fix these issues or they dont stand a chance
Old 06-16-2010, 12:21 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Sprint HTC Evo : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

lol @ all windows phones suck. i only used tp & tp2 nothing previous but i agree !
Old 06-17-2010, 01:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo!!

TheHoard is becoming a great contributor

Dude I jumped into Android with both feet and blindfolded not knowing a DAMN thing about Android other than what I had read.

I can say it's one of the best decisions I've ever made! I have an Evo, but Android is Android and it's so awesome, especially compared to WinMo. I upgraded from an HTC Touch which I had for 2 years and that thing was just problem after problem after problem. Crashes, freezes, reboots, etc. etc. What a PITA! I don't think I'll ever go back to a Winblows phone. Android is just fast and sexy out of the box and easy to customize, and on the Evo it flies.

I'm officially an Android convert.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment