PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Moment (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Google Navigation (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=123223)

Gcav 06-01-2010 09:37 PM

Google Navigation

So i see everyone on differnet forums praising this, so i gave it a try on a trip last week. Besides my actual gps acting up and constently loosing signal and searching, i got no voice with the actual google navigation. Which can be a bummer to have to look at the device all the time. I did a search and found a suggestion to install SpeechSynthesis Data Installer, but that didnt seem to fix it. any ideas? I am using joeykrim 2.1 v7

outerpip 06-02-2010 12:05 AM

Re: Google Navigation

Not to make fun of you or anything, but did you make sure you turned up the volume once in the navigation....I know about the 3rd time I used it, I forgot to do that. Just a suggestion.

Gcav 06-02-2010 12:20 AM

lol yes volume is up

sprint nav talks to me just not google

Gcav 06-02-2010 12:28 AM

i have noticed that the speech synthesis data seems to be messed up. i try to open it from the menu and i get a forced erro

(process com.svox.langpack.installer) has stopped unexpectedly please try again

i have uninstalled and reinstalled this several times

blazinazn 06-02-2010 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gcav (Post 1786261)
So i see everyone on differnet forums praising this, so i gave it a try on a trip last week. Besides my actual gps acting up and constently loosing signal and searching, i got no voice with the actual google navigation. Which can be a bummer to have to look at the device all the time. I did a search and found a suggestion to install SpeechSynthesis Data Installer, but that didnt seem to fix it. any ideas? I am using joeykrim 2.1 v7

I use google nav often and I couldn't be more pleased. It's spot on and I get turn by turn, which is accurate. I see you are using Joeykrim's kernel, which probably means you are rooted, which also means you probably used his tool to remove some of the bloatware? I'm assuming a lot there so I may be completely wrong. But if you did remove some stuff, you may have removed something that could have adversely effected google nav.

Could be possible you have some faulty hardware as well :pale:

Gcav 06-02-2010 09:06 AM

ya thats what im worried about, so i plan to flash and reinstall the official 2.1 and leave it like that and check it out. are you just using the official blazin?> or is yours rooted?? ill try just the official first and if all goes well i might root it without removing anything and just keep testing in steps

blazinazn 06-02-2010 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gcav (Post 1786823)
ya thats what im worried about, so i plan to flash and reinstall the official 2.1 and leave it like that and check it out. are you just using the official blazin?> or is yours rooted?? ill try just the official first and if all goes well i might root it without removing anything and just keep testing in steps

I have been running stock 2.1 but just rooted to Joey's v7 root yesterday. I haven't had a chance to run Nav so I'm not 100% I'm not seeing the same problem now. My guess is, you probably removed something that you needed if you used his tool. So if you flash back to official 2.1 and you still see the problem, it may be the hardware cause it should work without any problems.

Gcav 06-04-2010 06:11 PM

well i flashed and reinstalled 2.1 and got the voice to work for my google navigation but i still am getting really weak gps signals. i can see 6 -8 most of the time sometime 2-4 sats but the signal strength is never above 25% i dont know what to try next if i take this back it will be my 4th moment 3 times because of the gps the other because it stopped taking a charge

Gcav 06-04-2010 09:49 PM

well went to sprint spent an hour and half with a tech and result was its a known issue that samsung has to fix is what i was told and they offered me the hero or palm as a swap. I asked for evo and they laughed owell guess ill keep my moment with a flakey gps

nasa1303 06-07-2010 10:53 PM

is your phone located where it is getting a good satellite signal? you don't have it resting in your lap or on your passenger seat do you. i use it from time to time and have taken my sprint navigation off because of me never using it. google nav works pretty well for me most of the time i need to get myself a mount so it will be under the windshield to keep a constant signal with the satellite though.