PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2010, 05:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HtC EvO
Carrier: Sprint

jdefran is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Value of New Samsung Moment

Hey guys I have a predicament and would appreciate some wise feedback...

I have a Moment with a shattered screen. I am considering using the insurance to replace it. However, I am getting an EVO on Friday. So if I claim my insurance on the Moment and have it active for a day or two, then activate the EVO...what would the value of the Moment be to someone? Should I just throw in on eBay and see what happens? Is this process legit and possible?

Does anyone see any drawbacks from this?
Old 06-02-2010, 12:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: moment
Carrier: sprint

htcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to htcman724 Send a message via Yahoo to htcman724
Re: Value of New Samsung Moment

ya its legal but i do believe that you can on use the insurance one per year if i were you i would check into that before using the claim because if something goes wrong with your evo then your going to be s.o.l.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdefran View Post
Hey guys I have a predicament and would appreciate some wise feedback...

I have a Moment with a shattered screen. I am considering using the insurance to replace it. However, I am getting an EVO on Friday. So if I claim my insurance on the Moment and have it active for a day or two, then activate the EVO...what would the value of the Moment be to someone? Should I just throw in on eBay and see what happens? Is this process legit and possible?

Does anyone see any drawbacks from this?
Do you have another phone you can use? I'm sure you could get a lot more for it if it's New, in box. If you know you are going to get an evo anyways, see if someone you know has a loaner phone to hold you over. But like HTCman said. You may just want to forgo getting a new phone through insurance altogether, just in case something goes wrong with your Evo. It is an 1st Gen HTC phone so chances are pretty high that something will be wrong with it
Old 06-02-2010, 04:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HtC EvO
Threadstarter

jdefran is just getting started

Thanks for the info guys. I went ahead and did it. I will cross my fingers and pray for the healthiness of the EVO. On eBay they are going for more than 200 bucks to should turn out ok.
Old 06-06-2010, 03:03 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

Gcav is a n00b

sprint will buy back your moment and give you a 90 credit on your account. That is what i might do if the new one im getting doesnt fix my gps issues. It will be my 4th moment in 6 months. I am going to change to evo and do the buy back with sprint
Old 06-06-2010, 06:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sam. Moment, HTC EVO
Carrier: sprint

dc13 is becoming a great contributor

use the insurance if the evo dies then u can get a fixed one. I went through 7 BlackBerry Tours since last year then i switched to a Moment. since I had done 3 replacements in 6months.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment