PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2010, 03:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

darthnater is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Car Mount Solutions

Hi all, I have been looking for a good car mount solution for my Moment. I have tried a couple universal ones and find that the mounts always press buttons on the side of the phone when the mount is tight enough to hold the Moment in place. I have some specific ideas about what I want in a mount, I would like it to sit on the dash (friction style) and i would like it to hold the phone without pressing buttons on the side. I dont know if a suction cup would be a good way to stick the phone to it or not. Can anyone recommend a good car mount for the moment? How do you use the moment in the car? I just picked up the wikitude Drive app with augmented reality turn by turn but i cant really use it until I figure out a car mounting solution. Thanks!
Old 05-21-2010, 08:12 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn
Re: Car Mount Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthnater View Post
Hi all, I have been looking for a good car mount solution for my Moment. I have tried a couple universal ones and find that the mounts always press buttons on the side of the phone when the mount is tight enough to hold the Moment in place. I have some specific ideas about what I want in a mount, I would like it to sit on the dash (friction style) and i would like it to hold the phone without pressing buttons on the side. I dont know if a suction cup would be a good way to stick the phone to it or not. Can anyone recommend a good car mount for the moment? How do you use the moment in the car? I just picked up the wikitude Drive app with augmented reality turn by turn but i cant really use it until I figure out a car mounting solution. Thanks!
I've also been looking at car mounts for the moment. Preferably I would like to have a mount that will hold it in landscape with the keyboard open. The phone gets extremely hot when running GPS for an extended period of time. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn

I was looking around on amazon and found a few. Don't know if I'll invest in one though:

http://www.amazon.com/SecureHOLD-Mou...5013425&sr=8-6

http://www.amazon.com/Phone-Holder-S...5013425&sr=8-3

Funny that this one says it's for a moment yet they have an Iphone in it..
Old 05-27-2010, 10:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

SPIK3 is keeping up the good workSPIK3 is keeping up the good work

A couple of options at the androidcentral store, you might find one that suits your needs.

http://store.androidcentral.com/sams...and-mounts.htm

Old 06-13-2010, 05:25 PM
Lurker

jdmm72 is a n00b

I personally use a scosche mount I bought at wally world.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment