PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Moment (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Text Message Notification Program / Widget?? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=121503)

BillJr106 05-17-2010 07:03 PM

Text Message Notification Program / Widget??

Is there anyway to get a program that will use the home back and menu buttons as notification LEDs?? I would love to have it light up left to right along those buttons as a notification reminder... every 15 seconds or so just a chaser pattern... is there anything out there like this that I can install / buy??

treotraveler 05-17-2010 09:19 PM

Re: Text Message Notification Program / Widget??

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillJr106 (Post 1758324)
Is there anyway to get a program that will use the home back and menu buttons as notification LEDs?? I would love to have it light up left to right along those buttons as a notification reminder... every 15 seconds or so just a chaser pattern... is there anything out there like this that I can install / buy??

Nothing available that will flash the bottom 3 buttons. There is an app in the Market called Missed Reminders that will notify you of missed SMS, MMS, Missed Calls and missed Gmail.

You can set this app to vibrate your Moment and turn the screen on. You can set the interval for vibrate and how long the screen stays on and the interval between the screen turning on. For example, I have it set to turn the screen on for 5 seconds every minute....

SPIK3 05-17-2010 11:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
From SDX an app called keylights, install using appmonster or astro file manager.

Quote:

Attached is the app I have been working on for a little while. I plan on fixing a few bugs and then cleaning up the code and releasing the source. This is just a preview that I verified works with 2.1 (also 1.5 for the time being).
This needs root and I only tested with joey's v5.

I used some of the ideas from the previous capacitive lights thread as well as some ideas from a similar app I found on PPCGeeks.

For now, the only thing the lights blink for is SMS messages and they will only blink if the screen is off when the message arrives. Turning the screen on for any reason with make then stop blinking. The flash interval and flash length (length the lights stay on) can be adjusted as well as whether or not it vibrates. Another main thing to save battery life is I have a timeout of 1 hour (which can be adjusted) so the lights wont be flashing all night draining the battery.

Speaking of battery life, I am not using wake locks to keep the phone awake. I am using an alarm reminder so the phone will be allowed to sleep in between the flashing interval. I have tested this informally with SpareParts and it keeps the phone awake a lot less than other approaches I have seen.

I don't think I have the prefs saved upon reboots, so you may need to change them each time you reboot or they will reset to the defaults.

Enjoy.

Version 0.1:
Disable button added.
Settings persisted across reboots.
KeyLights-0.1.apk

htcman724 05-17-2010 11:41 PM

tested and works great with v7 root

BillJr106 05-26-2010 09:50 AM

Is there any programs that dont require rooting?? This is a great way to be notified since there is no LED and I dont want to go through the trouble of rooting her device...