PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2010, 09:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: sprint

jhronesz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
2.1 battery life

So i updated to 2.1 and rooted with joeys v7. i've closed all open programs and am still seeing a decrease in battery performance. while i was on 1.5, i could go 2 days without recharging. now, i can't even go 12 hours without my battery being down to about 25% and i'm hardly using it. anyone else having this issue?
Old 05-15-2010, 10:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo3D
Carrier: Sprint

nasa1303 is becoming a great contributor
Re: 2.1 battery life

did the caulkins rom and my battery life sucked. forgot my charging cable when i went out to work this morning. before i got home around 2 it already shut down. started getting low around 11. i wasn't even using it. it was sleeping most of the day. got the official 2.1 update done just now i will see tomorrow. think i will wait for the 2.2 custom roms before i leave the stock 2.1
Old 05-16-2010, 06:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

vabronxboogie is just getting started
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.18302/870; U; en) Presto/2.4.15)

my battery use to last longer than 2 hrs..now its 2 hours!!
Old 05-16-2010, 07:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

kpederson9999 is becoming a great contributor

If you turn off Wireless Networks in Security Settings and that should DRAMATICALLY improve it! If this helps please click "Thanks"
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

outerpip is a n00b

Personally for me, when I put on the leaked 2.1, I got better battery life by a little bit. Now that I went to the official 2.1, today was the better battery life day I've seen since my Vogue.
Old 05-17-2010, 04:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: samsung moment

tsav1823 is a n00b

i hope mines wont be that bad because i like caulkins. even though i just installed it about 5 hrs ago and battery has been full since i took it off the charger near 3hrs ago
Old 05-17-2010, 07:28 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn

I haven't done any official testing but it just seems like my battery life has diminished slightly.

They did add a power management widget so I've been using that to make sure things are turned off when I'm not using them.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

manaen is a n00b

I have not tried a leaked rom (yet) will be soon. But going from 1.6 to 2.1 on the official sprint roms. I can say that on the first day I was very disappointed, battery life seemed very short. However now that I have charged it up and used it for a few days it definitely goes much longer then 1.6 ever did.

My theory is this, not only was my usage higher on the first few days playing with things and setting up the phone. I think every time you flash a new rom it may need to calibrate the battery meter which might require a few charge cycles. I have been very pleased with the 2.1 official rom for battery life.

Your battery life will depend heavily on your signal strength as well so if you are in an area that requires your phone to really work hard at maintaining a wireless signal then you may want to look into some type of booster. My office is in my basement which was always a struggle. But I installed a zBoost cell repeater in my basement with an antenna mounted outside. Now I never drop a call and my phone always has more than half it's battery at the end of the day even with heavy usage. I am kicking myself for not doing this sooner.

Have you looked under Settings -> About Phone -> Battery Use ? it will show you what is using your battery and you can then eliminate any programs that are really chewing into your usage. You can even click on each listed item for additional details.
Old 05-22-2010, 06:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc mogule

bac1227 is a n00b

ive had my moment for a while and bettery life sucks. i use an app called advanced task killer because every time i turn around there are several apps that start and run in the background that i dont even use. why is that? possibly part of the reason for poor battery life?
Old 05-22-2010, 12:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

vabronxboogie is just getting started
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; SPH-M900 Build/ECLAIR) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Hit menu then settings and go to accounts & sync setting and uncheck background data and tht saves on ur battery..when u look thru the market u will need to check this option again tho...also in location & security I uncheck gps cuz somes I find tht certain programs will activate the gps

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment