PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Moment (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   2.1 battery life (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=121304)

jhronesz 05-15-2010 09:02 PM

2.1 battery life

So i updated to 2.1 and rooted with joeys v7. i've closed all open programs and am still seeing a decrease in battery performance. while i was on 1.5, i could go 2 days without recharging. now, i can't even go 12 hours without my battery being down to about 25% and i'm hardly using it. anyone else having this issue?

nasa1303 05-15-2010 10:16 PM

Re: 2.1 battery life

did the caulkins rom and my battery life sucked. forgot my charging cable when i went out to work this morning. before i got home around 2 it already shut down. started getting low around 11. i wasn't even using it. it was sleeping most of the day. got the official 2.1 update done just now i will see tomorrow. think i will wait for the 2.2 custom roms before i leave the stock 2.1

vabronxboogie 05-16-2010 06:59 PM

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.18302/870; U; en) Presto/2.4.15)

my battery use to last longer than 2 hrs..now its 2 hours!!

kpederson9999 05-16-2010 07:45 PM

If you turn off Wireless Networks in Security Settings and that should DRAMATICALLY improve it! If this helps please click "Thanks"

outerpip 05-16-2010 09:26 PM

Personally for me, when I put on the leaked 2.1, I got better battery life by a little bit. Now that I went to the official 2.1, today was the better battery life day I've seen since my Vogue.

tsav1823 05-17-2010 04:53 AM

i hope mines wont be that bad because i like caulkins. even though i just installed it about 5 hrs ago and battery has been full since i took it off the charger near 3hrs ago

blazinazn 05-17-2010 07:28 AM

I haven't done any official testing but it just seems like my battery life has diminished slightly.

They did add a power management widget so I've been using that to make sure things are turned off when I'm not using them.

manaen 05-17-2010 12:57 PM

I have not tried a leaked rom (yet) will be soon. But going from 1.6 to 2.1 on the official sprint roms. I can say that on the first day I was very disappointed, battery life seemed very short. However now that I have charged it up and used it for a few days it definitely goes much longer then 1.6 ever did.

My theory is this, not only was my usage higher on the first few days playing with things and setting up the phone. I think every time you flash a new rom it may need to calibrate the battery meter which might require a few charge cycles. I have been very pleased with the 2.1 official rom for battery life.

Your battery life will depend heavily on your signal strength as well so if you are in an area that requires your phone to really work hard at maintaining a wireless signal then you may want to look into some type of booster. My office is in my basement which was always a struggle. But I installed a zBoost cell repeater in my basement with an antenna mounted outside. Now I never drop a call and my phone always has more than half it's battery at the end of the day even with heavy usage. I am kicking myself for not doing this sooner.

Have you looked under Settings -> About Phone -> Battery Use ? it will show you what is using your battery and you can then eliminate any programs that are really chewing into your usage. You can even click on each listed item for additional details.

bac1227 05-22-2010 06:08 AM

ive had my moment for a while and bettery life sucks. i use an app called advanced task killer because every time i turn around there are several apps that start and run in the background that i dont even use. why is that? possibly part of the reason for poor battery life?

vabronxboogie 05-22-2010 12:41 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; SPH-M900 Build/ECLAIR) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Hit menu then settings and go to accounts & sync setting and uncheck background data and tht saves on ur battery..when u look thru the market u will need to check this option again tho...also in location & security I uncheck gps cuz somes I find tht certain programs will activate the gps