PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Moment (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   getting live wallpapers + 3d gallery on samsung moment (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=121257)

tsav1823 05-15-2010 11:25 AM

getting live wallpapers + 3d gallery on samsung moment

I they weren't with my 2.1 update. Any advice on getting them??? Anyone??

htcman724 05-15-2010 12:08 PM

Re: getting live wallpapers + 3d gallery on samsung moment

1 Attachment(s)
use recovery to install for live wallpapers.

vabronxboogie 05-15-2010 02:06 PM

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.18302/870; U; en) Presto/2.4.15)

Quote:

Originally Posted by htcman724
use recovery to install for live wallpapers.

ok so once i download this to my laptop do i connect my phone and how does this work so i can get the live wallpapers on the market to work?

elephant007 05-15-2010 02:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
For those of you who do not have recovery, you can download this APK and install it using a program like Astro File Manager

htcman724 05-15-2010 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vabronxboogie (Post 1754512)
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.18302/870; U; en) Presto/2.4.15)

ok so once i download this to my laptop do i connect my phone and how does this work so i can get the live wallpapers on the market to work?

ok well if you have recovery 3.0 just put it at the root of the sd card then go into recovery and hit apply zip from sd card.

vabronxboogie 05-15-2010 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htcman724
Quote:

Originally Posted by vabronxboogie (Post 1754512)

ok well if you have recovery 3.0 just put it at the root of the sd card then go into recovery and hit apply zip from sd card.

im sorry but im a noob...do i download recovery 3.0 on the market and what do u mean the root of my sd card...can u explain for us who dont know abt recovery and stuff?

outerpip 05-15-2010 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elephant007 (Post 1754527)
For those of you who do not have recovery, you can download this APK and install it using a program like Astro File Manager

Does the live wallpaper apk require root? I couldn't get it to install for me.

nvmyc 05-15-2010 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vabronxboogie (Post 1754663)

im sorry but im a noob...do i download recovery 3.0 on the market and what do u mean the root of my sd card...can u explain for us who dont know abt recovery and stuff?

Recovery 3.0 is not available on the market...it's a zip file that you can either add to the SD card and apply or via the Samsung Updater...now root of the sd card is very simple....plug your phone into your computer and mount the sd card like normal...then open your sd card folder once you are prompted on your computer....now just place (insert file here..like an apk or recovery zip file) into the sd card...that's the root of the card...if you are adding an apk file then I suggest you create a apk folder first and drop it in there so when you use a file explorer to open it then it's easy to find..hope this helps a little.

veedubguru 05-15-2010 09:30 PM

Okay, I'm an Andoid noob too. I've spent too many years with Windows Mobile and it has deadened my thought processes.

I've tried to use Astro to install the apk, and it finds it but won't complete the install. About 1 second into the install, it errors out and stops.

I've gone into recovery, but the only option I see in there is to install update.zip from SD card. Since the zip file is named something like "Moment2.1 Live Wallpaper.zip" I didn't select the option to install the "update.zip".

Now to be clear, I'm running a completely stock Samsung Moment with the official Sprint release of the Andriod 2.1 system. ABSOLUTELY NO OTHER MODS HAVE BEEN MADE... NO ROOTING... NO NADDA.

Can someone please post a simple, (or complicated), step-by-step instruction set for those of us who have been with Android for a matter of weeks?

I'm completely confused by people constantly referring to different "Recoverys" in both version and the names of the peeps who designed them. I've googled my a** off and I see no way of downloading, installing, or anything else regarding Recovery. The Recovery I see is what I'm assuming is the stock Recovery built into the device / Android 2.1.

ANY SCHOOLING OF THIS NOOB INCLUDING FLAMING (IF PRODUCTIVE) IS APPRECIATED! :D

vabronxboogie 05-15-2010 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by veedubguru
Okay, I'm an Andoid noob too. I've spent too many years with Windows Mobile and it has deadened my thought processes.

I've tried to use Astro to install the apk, and it finds it but won't complete the install. About 1 second into the install, it errors out and stops.

I've gone into recovery, but the only option I see in there is to install update.zip from SD card. Since the zip file is named something like "Moment2.1 Live Wallpaper.zip" I didn't select the option to install the "update.zip".

Now to be clear, I'm running a completely stock Samsung Moment with the official Sprint release of the Andriod 2.1 system. ABSOLUTELY NO OTHER MODS HAVE BEEN MADE... NO ROOTING... NO NADDA.

Can someone please post a simple, (or complicated), step-by-step instruction set for those of us who have been with Android for a matter of weeks?

I'm completely confused by people constantly referring to different "Recoverys" in both version and the names of the peeps who designed them. I've googled my a** off and I see no way of downloading, installing, or anything else regarding Recovery. The Recovery I see is what I'm assuming is the stock Recovery built into the device / Android 2.1.

ANY SCHOOLING OF THIS NOOB INCLUDING FLAMING (IF PRODUCTIVE) IS APPRECIATED! :D

Gosh u r so right! ive been with windows mobile for years! so all this new vocabulary when it comes to android is new to me