PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2010, 11:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: samsung moment
Carrier: sprint

tsav1823 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
getting live wallpapers + 3d gallery on samsung moment

I they weren't with my 2.1 update. Any advice on getting them??? Anyone??
Old 05-15-2010, 12:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: moment

htcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to htcman724 Send a message via Yahoo to htcman724
Re: getting live wallpapers + 3d gallery on samsung moment

use recovery to install for live wallpapers.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Moment 2.1 LiveWallpaper.zip (91.0 KB, 417 views) Click for barcode!
Old 05-15-2010, 02:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

vabronxboogie is just getting started
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.18302/870; U; en) Presto/2.4.15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by htcman724
use recovery to install for live wallpapers.
ok so once i download this to my laptop do i connect my phone and how does this work so i can get the live wallpapers on the market to work?
Old 05-15-2010, 02:12 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

For those of you who do not have recovery, you can download this APK and install it using a program like Astro File Manager
Attached Files
File Type: apk LiveWallpaperPicker.apk (32.6 KB, 393 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-15-2010, 03:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: moment

htcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to htcman724 Send a message via Yahoo to htcman724

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabronxboogie View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.18302/870; U; en) Presto/2.4.15)

ok so once i download this to my laptop do i connect my phone and how does this work so i can get the live wallpapers on the market to work?

ok well if you have recovery 3.0 just put it at the root of the sd card then go into recovery and hit apply zip from sd card.
Old 05-15-2010, 03:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by htcman724
Quote:

ok well if you have recovery 3.0 just put it at the root of the sd card then go into recovery and hit apply zip from sd card.
im sorry but im a noob...do i download recovery 3.0 on the market and what do u mean the root of my sd card...can u explain for us who dont know abt recovery and stuff?
Old 05-15-2010, 05:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

outerpip is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephant007 View Post
For those of you who do not have recovery, you can download this APK and install it using a program like Astro File Manager
Does the live wallpaper apk require root? I couldn't get it to install for me.
Old 05-15-2010, 08:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

nvmyc is keeping up the good worknvmyc is keeping up the good work

Quote:

im sorry but im a noob...do i download recovery 3.0 on the market and what do u mean the root of my sd card...can u explain for us who dont know abt recovery and stuff?
Recovery 3.0 is not available on the market...it's a zip file that you can either add to the SD card and apply or via the Samsung Updater...now root of the sd card is very simple....plug your phone into your computer and mount the sd card like normal...then open your sd card folder once you are prompted on your computer....now just place (insert file here..like an apk or recovery zip file) into the sd card...that's the root of the card...if you are adding an apk file then I suggest you create a apk folder first and drop it in there so when you use a file explorer to open it then it's easy to find..hope this helps a little.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-15-2010, 09:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint!

veedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to veedubguru

Okay, I'm an Andoid noob too. I've spent too many years with Windows Mobile and it has deadened my thought processes.

I've tried to use Astro to install the apk, and it finds it but won't complete the install. About 1 second into the install, it errors out and stops.

I've gone into recovery, but the only option I see in there is to install update.zip from SD card. Since the zip file is named something like "Moment2.1 Live Wallpaper.zip" I didn't select the option to install the "update.zip".

Now to be clear, I'm running a completely stock Samsung Moment with the official Sprint release of the Andriod 2.1 system. ABSOLUTELY NO OTHER MODS HAVE BEEN MADE... NO ROOTING... NO NADDA.

Can someone please post a simple, (or complicated), step-by-step instruction set for those of us who have been with Android for a matter of weeks?

I'm completely confused by people constantly referring to different "Recoverys" in both version and the names of the peeps who designed them. I've googled my a** off and I see no way of downloading, installing, or anything else regarding Recovery. The Recovery I see is what I'm assuming is the stock Recovery built into the device / Android 2.1.

ANY SCHOOLING OF THIS NOOB INCLUDING FLAMING (IF PRODUCTIVE) IS APPRECIATED!
Old 05-15-2010, 10:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedubguru
Okay, I'm an Andoid noob too. I've spent too many years with Windows Mobile and it has deadened my thought processes.

I've tried to use Astro to install the apk, and it finds it but won't complete the install. About 1 second into the install, it errors out and stops.

I've gone into recovery, but the only option I see in there is to install update.zip from SD card. Since the zip file is named something like "Moment2.1 Live Wallpaper.zip" I didn't select the option to install the "update.zip".

Now to be clear, I'm running a completely stock Samsung Moment with the official Sprint release of the Andriod 2.1 system. ABSOLUTELY NO OTHER MODS HAVE BEEN MADE... NO ROOTING... NO NADDA.

Can someone please post a simple, (or complicated), step-by-step instruction set for those of us who have been with Android for a matter of weeks?

I'm completely confused by people constantly referring to different "Recoverys" in both version and the names of the peeps who designed them. I've googled my a** off and I see no way of downloading, installing, or anything else regarding Recovery. The Recovery I see is what I'm assuming is the stock Recovery built into the device / Android 2.1.

ANY SCHOOLING OF THIS NOOB INCLUDING FLAMING (IF PRODUCTIVE) IS APPRECIATED!
Gosh u r so right! ive been with windows mobile for years! so all this new vocabulary when it comes to android is new to me

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment