PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2010, 11:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

touch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartouch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartouch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Moment and Outlook Question

Anyone figure out how to set up the moment to sync with outlook locally? I don't have a corporate exchange server to hook up to. I just want to sync locally to get my contacts and appointments. I set it up to sync with gmail for now and none of my contacts come up right. I would rather just go with something like activesync like I had with my tp.

Thanks in advance
Old 01-05-2010, 09:16 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Duh, think about it...

Talon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Moment and Outlook Question

Tell me about it, youre not alone one bit. However to answer you, no. I've resorted to building my own Exchange server, and if it works right ill sell accounts really cheap. Cheap depending on how hard it is to implement, if it'll cause me to upgrade my isp and what the going rate is.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:40 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

My best suggestion for you is to export your contacts from Outlook and import them to Gmail. At least then you would have your contacts on your phone. I personally have an Exchange account for work and it is so nice to have all my emails, contacts, appointments and tasks automatically sync to all my phones.

But I'll keep an eye open for a solution for you guys while I am looking around for Moment info and if I find anything I'll let you know.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

touch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartouch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartouch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Thanks for the responses. My pastor at my church has a motorola droid and he said he has it syncing with Outlook. He used to have a ppc before his droid. I need him to show me what he did and I will share if it works.

rainfreak, I did export all my contacts from outlook and import them in to gmail but it does not work right. I get calls from people I know I have contact info for but it comes up like they are not programmed in to my phone. Very frustrating.

Anyone else have any suggestions???? Thanks again.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Talon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Google does not support anything M$, so unless he has an Exchange server, it cant be done. Apparently HTC built a sync program but it only works with the Hero and sucks from what i hear.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG MOMENT
Carrier: SPRINT

darkhelmet is just getting started

Stupid - apparently I need 10 or more posts to prove I am worthy of adding a link to my topics. Gee whiz bang!

Do a Google or Bing search for "gSyncit" - as I mentioned I cannot posts links yet.

Been using this since I got my Moment and while the initial setup took about 30 minutes (mostly to figure out the settings) it has been worth it. Cannot beat the $15 price either.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:44 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

You sir, are REALLY an idiot. That in no way syncs WITH Outlook, it just syncs your Outlook, with GMAIL...
Old 01-07-2010, 12:47 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon Pro View Post
You sir, are REALLY an idiot. That in no way syncs WITH Outlook, it just syncs your Outlook, with GMAIL...
...which syncs with your Google Android Phone. LOL - you sound like a little chuckle head who did not get his share of ice cream! Suggestion: do some research before posting nonsensical responses.

In your retarded mind my Samsung Moment mystically reaches into my desktop and retrieves all Outlook contacts and calendar info. Of course gsyncit is not a 1-1 process but who cares if the data has to round trip via a Gmail account - it works and now my stuff is stored in 3 places! If you want a seamless connection go buy a WINMO phone and stop crying because you can no longer plug into your computer and watch Activesync chug along.

Oops, I just read your first post where you built your own Exchange Server hoping it works to sell accounts! Got it working yet? LMAO. Could have used my solution and saved yourself a couple bucks and a whole lot of grief. But hey since your attitude implies a marriage with MS and/or trying to make a quick buck from some sap dumb enough to trust you with their contact info I guess you will stick with slapsticking stuff together.

Let me know when you get your little Exchange box working :P Probably about the same time I get my Mars rover done!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:47 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Dear Mr. Dolt,

The OP wanted to sync directly with Outlook (locally), not OTA. As do I, not with google. Pull your head out of your rear and learn to read
Old 01-08-2010, 01:25 AM
Lurker

Ironically the Original Poster you feel compelled to burn a candle for never even replied to any of these exchanges. I simply offered an alternative and that should have been the end of it. But like I posted, the little "chuckle head" with only your goofy acronyms to keep you warm at night had to wake up and start boring us with brainless banter about frustrating attempts to sync a phone directly to a computer. Get over never finding the solution you hoped for.

By the way, I checked your "friends" list - no further comment.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment