PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2010, 02:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo3D
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

nasa1303 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: can you fix a bricked moment without usb cord?

well now it is reading my phone so i will see what happens
Old 05-08-2010, 02:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

damn back up and running. thanks for the responses
Old 05-08-2010, 03:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

got it up and running, can't get a data connection. had to use wifi to sign into my google account and sync contacts
Old 05-08-2010, 03:53 PM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasa1303 View Post
got it up and running, can't get a data connection. had to use wifi to sign into my google account and sync contacts

Update your profile.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:17 AM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasa1303 View Post
i am using 64bit version of windows7
Why do people insist on using 64 bit? What's the real advantage beside it reading 32Gig of RAM?

Most applications will run in 32 bit anyway... if you're needing 64 bit drivers, you'll have to scour the internet like I did finding 32 bit
Old 05-10-2010, 10:44 AM
Lurker

killersmurf is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephant007 View Post
Why do people insist on using 64 bit? What's the real advantage beside it reading 32Gig of RAM?

Most applications will run in 32 bit anyway... if you're needing 64 bit drivers, you'll have to scour the internet like I did finding 32 bit
your slightly off with that, anyone wanting to run 4gb or more RAM will want to use 64bit, otherwise windows 32bit won't recognize all of the available memory.

but i do completely agree with you that most programs will run in 32bit mode there still aren't very many programs that will actually run in 64bit

sorry to be a little off topic just wanted to clarify it for anyone curious

Source of the memory info:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...8VS.85%29.aspx

Last edited by killersmurf; 05-10-2010 at 10:47 AM.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephant007 View Post
Why do people insist on using 64 bit?
Because it was FREE!
Old 05-13-2010, 08:53 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

manaen is a n00b

those of us who do video and image editing need to have more than 3gigs of ram. I've got 4gigs right now and I still run out of ram occasionally. I routinely run Photoshop and Magix Movie pro at the same time each of which will use up 2 gigs of ram easily when loading large images/videos.

Other than memory there is no reason for 64bit, But I would say that is the leading reason for the switch to 64bit.

It's just the progression of things.
Old 05-13-2010, 04:26 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I understand that 64bit read and uses more than the 3GB limitation that x86 has, Vista and 7 reads most of the 4GB RAM

Just the progression of thing I understand too, just a slow progress, kind of like going from 16 to 32 bit

Now back to the subject at hand
Would it be a correct statement to say, technically, if a phone is bricked there is no way to recover it??? I mean isn't that why it's called a brick because it's as useful as a brick when it gets to that point?
I'm glad to see the OP got the phone up and going, especially knowing the 32bit drivers worked on his 64bit!
Old 05-13-2010, 06:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sammy Galaxy Nexus

Anon9mouz is keeping up the good workAnon9mouz is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Anon9mouz Send a message via Yahoo to Anon9mouz

Well I just bricked my phone and I been using vista. My problem was the computer would not see the phone at all. How my phone was bricked it just sat at the samsung boot up but didn't have the loading bar or anything. I took it to sprint and they fixed it. Dude said that u gotta plug it in and out about 3 or 4 times if not more just to get it to work but they did what I was trying to do. It pissed me off bc I couldn't get it done but that was the first phone I ever bricked. I was great with windows but android I got a lot more to learn now just to find the most up to date rome with 2.1 and recovery and the easy way of putting it on my bs stock cl14 non rooted phone.

Sorrie for the mini thread jack
Kernel: Stock and loven it
I envy the dumb ones.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment