PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Moment (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   so i may buy a moment...need help deciding (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=120472)

fixxxer2012 05-07-2010 01:50 PM

so i may buy a moment...need help deciding

i currently have the hero but i really like the look of the moment plus it has a keyboard and faster cpu. i like the hero but i hate sense. can you guys give me anymore insight into going to a moment?

the advantages and such

loserpunk701 05-07-2010 01:59 PM

Re: so i may buy a moment...need help deciding

you want a moment. period.

fixxxer2012 05-07-2010 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loserpunk701 (Post 1739902)
you want a moment. period.

is it true that it has a faster cpu? i like the moment because the roms do not have sense by default. plus the screen is awesome looking to me.

treotraveler 05-07-2010 04:44 PM

Take a moment and jump on the Moment. You'll love the Amoled screen. there are some home theme apps, like aHome, Open Home, Panda Home and DX Home. I think another one too.

Keyboard is good, and has more internal storage than the Hero with it's HTC bloatware on the Hero. teH Moment is a great phone and I have no issues with it....

fixxxer2012 05-07-2010 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by treotraveler (Post 1740208)
Take a moment and jump on the Moment. You'll love the Amoled screen. there are some home theme apps, like aHome, Open Home, Panda Home and DX Home. I think another one too.

Keyboard is good, and has more internal storage than the Hero with it's HTC bloatware on the Hero. teH Moment is a great phone and I have no issues with it....

yeah im looking on craigslist but no one has responded yet. anybody know of any other good sites to locally trade phones on other that ebay?

treotraveler 05-07-2010 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 (Post 1740260)
yeah im looking on craigslist but no one has responded yet. anybody know of any other good sites to locally trade phones on other that ebay?

Nothing comes to mind other than Ebay and Craigs list. You run a risk of getting screwed when buying from a previous owner. You could do like I did last December, I dumped my interesting, but Gomer Pyle Pre for the Moment and paid cash for it. Walked out the door with my Moment and was happy. Still real happy with it.

=D>

fixxxer2012 05-07-2010 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by treotraveler (Post 1740302)
Nothing comes to mind other than Ebay and Craigs list. You run a risk of getting screwed when buying from a previous owner. You could do like I did last December, I dumped my interesting, but Gomer Pyle Pre for the Moment and paid cash for it. Walked out the door with my Moment and was happy. Still real happy with it.

=D>

yeah but i can't spend 479 for a new one from sprint. im not due for an upgrade until october. ](*,)

redd214 05-07-2010 06:56 PM

have you tried the bargain trader forum here on ppcgeeks. im sure theres someone looking to get rid of one to pick the evo. check there

fixxxer2012 05-08-2010 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redd214 (Post 1740377)
have you tried the bargain trader forum here on ppcgeeks. im sure theres someone looking to get rid of one to pick the evo. check there

yeah i have an offer off of craigslist but im weighing my options tbh. i mean there is not a ton of development for the moment and from what i hear the moment2 will be coming out soon, so i may just wait. the only reason im not fond of the hero is the design and i hate sense.

loserpunk701 05-08-2010 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 (Post 1739918)
is it true that it has a faster cpu? i like the moment because the roms do not have sense by default. plus the screen is awesome looking to me.

yes, the CPU is faster. and if you root, you can get rid of some bloatware and further speed it up

Quote:

Originally Posted by treotraveler (Post 1740208)

there are like 23040293479 home apps. I used Taghome for a minute which wasn't too bad. Caulkins 2.1 comes with Helix launcher, which is pretty sweet, shortcut softkeys at the bottom, and double tap to bring up each of your screens.