PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2010, 12:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO / BB 8330
Carrier: sprint/verizon

thmgombosi is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile Sprint says 2.1 is out!

******************** Sprint lied********************************************** ***********

I called customer service about the 2.1 upgrade and at first i was given the run around and after she investigated she said take your phones (my wifes hero too) to a repair center and they will upgrade you to the android 2.1! I even had her call them to verify it could be done and they said yes! I am heading there in an hour and will post an update when i get back.

Last edited by thmgombosi; 05-07-2010 at 03:04 PM. Reason: false information from sprint!
Old 05-07-2010, 01:18 PM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Sprint says 2.1 is out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmgombosi View Post
I called customer service about the 2.1 upgrade and at first i was given the run around and after she investigated she said take your phones (my wifes hero too) to a repair center and they will upgrade you to the android 2.1! I even had her call them to verify it could be done and they said yes! I am heading there in an hour and will post an update when i get back.
That is not what was tweeted this morning by Sprint.
Old 05-07-2010, 01:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: rooted M900 Moment
Carrier: sprint

loserpunk701 is just getting started

I just talked to customer service and they told me still sometime in may.

[edit]I just called the store and they said nope.

isn't 2.1 suppose to be OTA?

Last edited by loserpunk701; 05-07-2010 at 01:39 PM.
Old 05-07-2010, 01:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

last two tweets from sprint. kinda vague.

Many thanks to our customers for your continued patience as we work to bring you a positive experience with the 2.1 upgrade.
about 2 hours ago via CoTweet

Android users:Sprint continues to work closely w Samsung/HTC on 2.1, on track to be avail Q2. Sprint had hoped to have this resolved by now.
about 2 hours ago via CoTweet
Old 05-07-2010, 01:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Talking Re: Sprint says 2.1 is out!

sorry for posting soo many times..

I just got off the phone with the local Sprint repair store, they confirmed, they DEFF HAVE 2.1!!!!!

EVERYONE GO CRAZYYYYYY!!!!!

[edit] I guess you can only get it at the repair centers or w.e, all the other stores I called said they didn't have it
Old 05-07-2010, 02:10 PM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by loserpunk701 View Post
sorry for posting soo many times..

I just got off the phone with the local Sprint repair store, they confirmed, they DEFF HAVE 2.1!!!!!

EVERYONE GO CRAZYYYYYY!!!!!

[edit] I guess you can only get it at the repair centers or w.e, all the other stores I called said they didn't have it
Sprint repair centers = someone will leak it after business hours lol

If that is indeed true, then expect it sometime tonight to appear on your favorite Android forums. Coming to a megaupload link near you, be ready!! hhaha
Old 05-07-2010, 02:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: moment

htcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to htcman724 Send a message via Yahoo to htcman724

just called my local sprint repair center and they don't have it yet.
Old 05-07-2010, 02:59 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch

jerseypimp is a n00b

I called 3 sprint repair stores in the area and no update yet. South Jersey
Old 05-07-2010, 03:03 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO / BB 8330
Carrier: sprint/verizon
Threadstarter

thmgombosi is becoming a great contributor

Sprint has the worst customer service hands down!! After going to the store they said no one called here try the other repair center. I went there and guess what they said they told the rep they could not do it! and best buys update says right on there computers not the 2.1 update! so now i am on the phone with sprint and they are trying to back pedal and cover for the rep. i'm on hold for a supervisor (you know the guy next to the rep i am on the phone with....lol) So sorry for the false hopes guys. Verizon is sounding better everyday!
Old 05-07-2010, 03:09 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

2.1 is not out nor will it be out for quite some time yet. enough with the stupid rumors.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment