PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2010, 10:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sammy Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Sprint

Anon9mouz is keeping up the good workAnon9mouz is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Anon9mouz Send a message via Yahoo to Anon9mouz
Re: Sprint says 2.1 is out!

Well not to start a rumor but i called a sprint rep right now and he said june is the date bc sprint doesnt have their stuff together to put this update out so yeah i can believe this. But sorry people but maybe a little hope. I just hope they get the gps on point for the navi, maybe live wallpapers and 5 home screens but maybe thats asking too much. So once again sprint played us buut its ok thats why we have devs and do it our self. Well i guess whoever keep it updated on whats goin on peace
Kernel: Stock and loven it
I envy the dumb ones.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: sprint

stparker38 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I suggest everyone that can't wait (like me) go ahead and read instructions at SDX and root phone and get 2.1.. I see more benefits with this "trial" version. I have live wallpapers (even though I don't like that...), google maps w/navi option... speech to text, search google/phone, and WHERE. There are options to add more than three screens...etc. I don't like the battery life of this phone in general, so I'm still looking for solutions for a better battery life...
Old 05-08-2010, 01:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: rooted M900 Moment

loserpunk701 is just getting started
Thumbs down Re: Sprint says 2.1 is out!

I'm on the phone right now with my repair center (I would go but it's an hour away)

"I heard one of our techs telling a customer...."

she acted like she knew that 2.1 for the hero wasn't out, but wasn't sure about for the moment... wtf

anyways, the tech said "sorry, idk who told you that but they were wrong."

I have never seen a company with less informed employees.
Old 05-08-2010, 03:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

outerpip is a n00b

The estimated day was yesterday. That means, for the actual date, add about a month and there ya go, so June is probably a good guess. Also, if you really want to stay informed, I'm sure Sprint will release info via the most used method....which is unfortunately Twitter. So if you want to know about it, just follow Sprint on there and you'll be kept just as informed, if not better, as we can all see, as you would be reading up on here.
Old 05-09-2010, 07:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

vabronxboogie is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by stparker38 View Post
i suggest everyone that can't wait (like me) go ahead and read instructions at sdx and root phone and get 2.1.. I see more benefits with this "trial" version. I have live wallpapers (even though i don't like that...), google maps w/navi option... Speech to text, search google/phone, and where. There are options to add more than three screens...etc. I don't like the battery life of this phone in general, so i'm still looking for solutions for a better battery life...
i have 6 batteries in total and what i did is buy 2 battery charges and i always let the batteries run down completely..thats how u condition the battery... I bought the batteries on ebay for $5 each so its worth gettin about 3..
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-09-2010, 09:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2, Samsung Moment & HTC Hero

Ragster is keeping up the good workRagster is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Ragster Send a message via MSN to Ragster

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabronxboogie View Post
i have 6 batteries in total and what i did is buy 2 battery charges and i always let the batteries run down completely..thats how u condition the battery... I bought the batteries on ebay for $5 each so its worth gettin about 3..
You should never completely discharge a Lithium Ion battery, not good at all as it can kill some of the ions lol
Old 05-10-2010, 01:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: rooted M900 Moment

loserpunk701 is just getting started

and I'm pretty sure you got more screens with helix launcher, not 2.1
Old 05-10-2010, 11:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

nvmyc is keeping up the good worknvmyc is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmgombosi View Post
Sprint has the worst customer service hands down!! After going to the store they said no one called here try the other repair center. I went there and guess what they said they told the rep they could not do it! and best buys update says right on there computers not the 2.1 update! so now i am on the phone with sprint and they are trying to back pedal and cover for the rep. i'm on hold for a supervisor (you know the guy next to the rep i am on the phone with....lol) So sorry for the false hopes guys. Verizon is sounding better everyday!
You're on a Moment discussion board and say Verizon is sounding better everyday? I guess if you want to pay double the amount for the same features and functions, maybe be lied to about an update as well as Droid users will testify to that as well. Just root the damn phone if you are so impatient, it is easy as pie and makes the phone soooo much better instead of whining about leaving for Verizon. My 2 cents anyway.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

TechnoBoy is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvmyc View Post
You're on a Moment discussion board and say Verizon is sounding better everyday? I guess if you want to pay double the amount for the same features and functions, maybe be lied to about an update as well as Droid users will testify to that as well. Just root the damn phone if you are so impatient, it is easy as pie and makes the phone soooo much better instead of whining about leaving for Verizon. My 2 cents anyway.
Yeah I agree about the pricing. Verizon's unlimited text and calling alone is $89.99 and to add unlimited data its an extra $29.99 and thats an individual plan. Being lied to about an update isn't a very wise reason to pay more for phone service.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:37 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabronxboogie View Post
Running the battery all the way down was the method for a Nickel based battery. Not a recommended practice for lithium Ion batteries.
Phones: Motorola MicroTAC 650E, Qualcomm/Kyocera QCP 860, Sanyo SCP-4700, Sanyo SCP-4900, Samsung A500, Sanyo MM-7400, Sanyo MM-7500, Samsung APH A900M, LG Fusic, LG Musiq, HTC Apache, Palm Centro, Samsung Rant, HTC Mogul, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2. Samsung Moment, HTC Evo 4G

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment