PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2010, 09:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Blackberry Curve, Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

dazey is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Moment won't end call

For the past two days I have had a problem with not being able to end calls. When I call someone who doesn't answer or if I leave a voicemail I have to pull the battery to end the call. Has anyone else had this problem? (I'm running stock CL14 and not rooted if that info matters)
Old 04-13-2010, 09:33 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: Moment won't end call

I never had that issue before or after being rooted. Is the End key working ok otherwise?
Old 04-13-2010, 10:15 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

dazey is a n00b

The end key is working fine otherwise. I had thought of that as well, so I tapped the menu key and tried to end the call through there and that didn't work either. I thought rebooting the phone might help, but it hasn't made a difference. I wonder if one of the apps I recently installed could be causing a problem but I doubt it. Haven't heard of anyone else having problems from Astrid Task or c:geo.

Thanks for the reply.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:33 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Not that this is likely to be the problem, but it doesn't hurt to check. What PRL are you using? I know there was an update a week or two ago and since thne I have had less issues with calls in general.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: moment
Carrier: sprint

htcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to htcman724 Send a message via Yahoo to htcman724

do a hard rest and see if that helps.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:30 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

dazey is a n00b

Well I don't know what I did, but it's been ending calls fine since this morning. The PRL is updated, so I guess that isn't the problem. I didn't try the hard reset yet, but if it starts giving me problems again I may do it.
Thanks for the suggestions!
Old 04-17-2010, 05:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro

Crazyheaven is a n00b

Hard reset will fix this problem. It isn't really uncommon. It's happened to me 3 times and I've only had the phone for 2 months. It's related to the airplane mode issue. I heard you can avoid this happening if you turn off wifi.
Old 04-17-2010, 07:04 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

dazey is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyheaven View Post
Hard reset will fix this problem. It isn't really uncommon. It's happened to me 3 times and I've only had the phone for 2 months. It's related to the airplane mode issue. I heard you can avoid this happening if you turn off wifi.
It hasn't happened again fortunately. I haven't had any issues with airplane mode, and I keep my wifi off, so I'm not sure why it did it in the first place. Thanks for the info!
Old 05-03-2010, 02:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

SexyReddMogul is a n00b

I've had this problem numerous times. I don't use the WiFi mode & it was never on & the "will not end call" has happend to me & my co-workers (2) here & there. Sprint will jus tell you to do a hard reset & I have. It does fix, but the problem does still occur. Not as much anymore though. I notice it does it more often when i'm "working" from my phone. Being a high end user. On the days that i'm not a high end user of apps/ calls/ emails & text - 5-6 hrs heavy- it does not lock up. So maybe that helps. Now instead of hard resetting - i just plop out the battery & its fine.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment