PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Moment (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Overclocking? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=118697)

Greg Brady 04-21-2010 02:05 AM

Overclocking?

I saw a few mentions of overclocking but can't find anything here. Can this pig be sped up?

Overall I like this phone but I tried to install a few games that play flawless on the droid and they are choppy and slow. I guess it could be the samsung processor is just not performing.

gazment 04-21-2010 03:02 AM

Re: Overclocking?

Ummm just set the clock to 1 time zone ahead? Duh. For example, if you live in chicago and its 3pm set your time zone settings to eastern time and your clock will show over 1 hour and it will say 4pm. :rolleyes:

redd214 04-21-2010 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gazment (Post 1710447)
Ummm just set the clock to 1 time zone ahead? Duh. For example, if you live in chicago and its 3pm set your time zone settings to eastern time and your clock will show over 1 hour and it will say 4pm. :rolleyes:

lmao, you def. arent the sharpest tool in the shed! you tried to be a smartass without even knowing what the guy was talking about. hes talking about overclocking the phones processor, it has nothing to do with the time on the phone lol. next time you want to carry someone at least know what the hell you are talking about

gazment 04-21-2010 12:05 PM

And by the way. Since i'm living in the eastern time zone i've been able to overclock my hero 5 hours forward. Has anyone been able to go 6 without any issues?

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

redd214 04-21-2010 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gazment (Post 1711037)
And by the way. Since i'm living in the eastern time zone i've been able to overclock my hero 5 hours forward. Has anyone been able to go 6 without any issues?

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

lol you still dont get it man!

overclocking your phone has NOTHING to do with the time!! overclocking refers to speeding up the phones processor. the moment has a 800mhz processor, the op is inquiring how to increase that to say 900mhz or even 1ghz for example.

i repeat overclocking has NOTHING to do with what time your phone shows!!

gazment 04-21-2010 12:51 PM

Your obviously the one that is lost buddy. I'm snapping the snap dragons neck in terms of clock speed. My friends-brothers-cousin told someone that told someone else that they were unable to over clock their phone (which if I may add has a snap dragon in it).

He said that he was only able to over clock his phone by one hour, but i don't remember which time zone he lives in that is limiting him. He could only underclock it.

When I head this I ROFL'ed because i'm running my phone overclocked by 5 HOURS!!!!!

If you still don't believe me try it. Snapdragon can't touch this beast! Booyakasha!!!

redd214 04-21-2010 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffKay (Post 1711148)
gazment is messing with ya!

lol, color me embarrassed then haha. guess i didnt catch the joke thought he was serious, carry on citizens :banghead::oops:

kgbcapthowdy 04-21-2010 01:08 PM

when i pull up setcpu on my phone it wont even let me go any higher than 800mhz, any idea why?

gazment 04-21-2010 01:25 PM

Even if setcpu had 900 mhz available your kernal wouldn't allow it. It would be visually satisfying but it wouldn't go above 800 either way. My honest opinion since my information is limited for your phone is to search overclock in the xda threads for the samsung moment.

chibucks 04-21-2010 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gazment (Post 1711253)
Even if setcpu had 900 mhz available your kernal wouldn't allow it. It would be visually satisfying but it wouldn't go above 800 either way. My honest opinion since my information is limited for your phone is to search overclock in the xda threads for the samsung moment.

yeah, they had tried to overclock... but it was unstable and it didn't seem to be helping much... we weren't lucky enough to jump even 1 timezone... :P

as for games - the graphic drivers are outdated, hence the choppiness.