PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2010, 10:43 AM
Jmz
Jmz Software
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Jmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Jmz
Hero Rom Port

So I have edited this thread because it is going to be more than I first expected. There are many many callbacks on the framework and kernel that are specific to the device sense is on. So this is turning into a Hero rom port rather than just an install for sense. I am working with the same people that brought sense to the droid and other devices so I will have good people to learn from. Expect regular updates as I really get familiar with android.

Last edited by Jmz; 04-26-2010 at 09:40 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-24-2010, 02:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

nosmohtac is becoming a great contributor
Re: HTC Sense on Moment Test

I'd like to try it. Any ETA?
How's it going?
Old 04-24-2010, 10:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo / E4gT / MoPho

treotraveler is keeping up the good worktreotraveler is keeping up the good worktreotraveler is keeping up the good work

EEEEWWWWW EEEEEWWWWW HTC Sense on a Moment. No thanks. I don't use HTC Bloatware on my Hero or TP 2.....EEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWW
Old 04-24-2010, 11:25 AM
Jmz
Jmz Software
Threadstarter

Jmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile 6.0) Sprint S511)

Quote:
Originally Posted by treotraveler
EEEEWWWWW EEEEEWWWWW HTC Sense on a Moment. No thanks. I don't use HTC Bloatware on my Hero or TP 2.....EEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWW
its only cause a couple people said its not possible. i beg to differ
Old 04-24-2010, 11:26 AM
Jmz
Jmz Software
Threadstarter

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile 6.0) Sprint S511)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosmohtac
I'd like to try it. Any ETA?
How's it going?
my moment should arrive today so first real test will be today hopefully
Old 04-24-2010, 06:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

xr7kid is just getting started

I for one would love Sense on my Moment. I miss it so much since I traded my Hero! Please keep up the good work and realize not everyone considers it "bloatware".
Old 04-24-2010, 08:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2, Samsung Moment & HTC Hero

Ragster is keeping up the good workRagster is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Ragster Send a message via MSN to Ragster

Man I am lovin Rosie/Espresso on the Hero, would be even sicker if I could get that on a AMOLED screen with a physical keyboard lol
Old 04-26-2010, 09:27 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmz View Post
my moment should arrive today so first real test will be today hopefully

Wish you best on this journey as I already have spent enough hours on it and while some work fine, the rest will be HUGE pain

Old 04-26-2010, 09:33 AM
Jmz
Jmz Software
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calkulin View Post
Wish you best on this journey as I already have spent enough hours on it and while some work fine, the rest will be HUGE pain
I just can't the system to recognize the files. I went through and pulled all the htc related files and put them in the right places but nothing seems to see them. How did you get some of them to work and which ones?
Old 04-26-2010, 09:36 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

It's not going to be that easy, trust me. I would ask the folks that got Sense running on the Magic/Dream or even the Nexus One and see what they did. But being that they are HTC devices and ours is not, that might cause more problems

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment