PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2010, 09:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

tcmoon is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
touch pro 2 or moment

Insurance replaced my touch pro with the moment, not sure if I want to keep or get the touch pro 2. Having trouble getting use to android, please give me any thoughts, especially former WM users.

Thanks
Old 04-24-2010, 09:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

kgbcapthowdy is keeping up the good workkgbcapthowdy is keeping up the good workkgbcapthowdy is keeping up the good work
Re: touch pro 2 or moment

moment no questions....first off now we have caulkin w00t lol. But android as a whole is way better than windows mobile. I used windows mobile for 7 years then went to the moment and i will never use WM again. Android def. takes some getting used to but you can do anything you want with these phones. They are amazing.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:11 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

tcmoon is a n00b

Thanks, I guess its just a matter of getting use to it. They say soon android will be the main OS for phones, so may as well get use to it. So do you think the moment is a good choice or would you recommend another such as the Hero? Browsing full web sites is the most important for me.

Thanks again
Old 04-24-2010, 10:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

JeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I totally agree. Android blows away WM in every single say. I've had Winmo since WM2003 versions on a Samsung i730.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:07 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

tcmoon is a n00b

Full web browser recommendation?
Old 04-24-2010, 01:21 PM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I have a TP2 and my wife has a Moment and there is no question the Moment smokes a TP2. I have seen it personally.
Old 04-24-2010, 02:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

kgbcapthowdy is keeping up the good workkgbcapthowdy is keeping up the good workkgbcapthowdy is keeping up the good work

most including me would reccomend dolphin browser. its free and works great. Another must have app is advanced task killer. just make sure some tasks you keep running. I have a battery monitor that i have to keep running and setcpu for a rooted moment.And i have an app called keyguard killer. so i dont have to unlock it everytime i go to use it. i love it
Old 04-24-2010, 03:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

erawtik is becoming a great contributor

Ditched my tp2 for a moment and love it. Took me a few days to get use to it and now when i mess with my tp2 i hate it. And for browser Opera Mini.
Old 04-25-2010, 02:16 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

I was also a WM user for many years and since I switched to Android in January, I haven't missed WM once. Give it a week and I think that you will agree.

As for browser, I prefer xScope. It's in the Market and works very well.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment Android 2.1

KSUSocrates is a n00b

I had the TP2 and after losing it, got a moment b/c it was half the price. Background is my wife just bought me a Mac laptop for Xmas, but work w/ Windows all day long. Had flashed a few ROM's (Calkulin's) and had a Droid looking homescreen on it, had visual voicemail program. Few things I still wish I had from my TP2.

1.) Contacts all linked, like now I have the regular dialer, smart dial so I can dial using the letters of their name, and Contacts program if I want to search for them and txt or email. TP2 I could do that from the dialer only.

2.) Facebook - I have 4 programs for facebook. 1 to view status updates, 1 for the phonebook, 1 to sync profile pics, 1 to go to facebook directly

The Moment has the annoying mute problem when talking and I've had to duplicate programs like the dialer, browser, contacts, and messaging and as only ever having worked on Windows and learning Mac stuff right now, it's been a bit frustrating understanding linking w/ Windows for exploring and adding non-phone stuff to SD card that I had on my TP2 which was very user friendly.

However, my TP2 did not have near the cool apps that I now have for the moment. My TP2 was awesome as a business phone, the moment not so much. I can do almost everything I did (no Microsoft office) and some of the other business things I used to do, but as a phone outside of business, it is amazing. Way more stable than Windows, battery life is bout same.

Because of what I used to do w/ my phone business wise, I would be more than happy if I had the TP2 back. If someone has a TP2, I wouldn't hesitate to trade. Just one less thing to learn until I'm more accustomed to the Mac/Unix environment.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment