PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Moment (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Moment won't end call (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=117936)

dazey 04-13-2010 09:02 AM

Moment won't end call

For the past two days I have had a problem with not being able to end calls. When I call someone who doesn't answer or if I leave a voicemail I have to pull the battery to end the call. Has anyone else had this problem? (I'm running stock CL14 and not rooted if that info matters)

rainfreak 04-13-2010 09:33 AM

Re: Moment won't end call

I never had that issue before or after being rooted. Is the End key working ok otherwise?

dazey 04-13-2010 10:15 AM

The end key is working fine otherwise. I had thought of that as well, so I tapped the menu key and tried to end the call through there and that didn't work either. I thought rebooting the phone might help, but it hasn't made a difference. I wonder if one of the apps I recently installed could be causing a problem but I doubt it. Haven't heard of anyone else having problems from Astrid Task or c:geo.

Thanks for the reply.

rainfreak 04-13-2010 10:33 AM

Not that this is likely to be the problem, but it doesn't hurt to check. What PRL are you using? I know there was an update a week or two ago and since thne I have had less issues with calls in general.

htcman724 04-13-2010 11:32 AM

do a hard rest and see if that helps.

dazey 04-13-2010 12:30 PM

Well I don't know what I did, but it's been ending calls fine since this morning. The PRL is updated, so I guess that isn't the problem. I didn't try the hard reset yet, but if it starts giving me problems again I may do it.
Thanks for the suggestions!

Crazyheaven 04-17-2010 05:16 PM

Hard reset will fix this problem. It isn't really uncommon. It's happened to me 3 times and I've only had the phone for 2 months. It's related to the airplane mode issue. I heard you can avoid this happening if you turn off wifi.

dazey 04-17-2010 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazyheaven (Post 1704509)
Hard reset will fix this problem. It isn't really uncommon. It's happened to me 3 times and I've only had the phone for 2 months. It's related to the airplane mode issue. I heard you can avoid this happening if you turn off wifi.

It hasn't happened again fortunately. I haven't had any issues with airplane mode, and I keep my wifi off, so I'm not sure why it did it in the first place. Thanks for the info!

SexyReddMogul 05-03-2010 02:52 PM

I've had this problem numerous times. I don't use the WiFi mode & it was never on & the "will not end call" has happend to me & my co-workers (2) here & there. Sprint will jus tell you to do a hard reset & I have. It does fix, but the problem does still occur. Not as much anymore though. I notice it does it more often when i'm "working" from my phone. Being a high end user. On the days that i'm not a high end user of apps/ calls/ emails & text - 5-6 hrs heavy- it does not lock up. So maybe that helps. Now instead of hard resetting - i just plop out the battery & its fine.