PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/)
-   Samsung Moment (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/samsung-moment/)
-   -   m900 new user needs help (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/samsung-moment/117889-m900-new-user-needs-help.html)

vwracing 04-12-2010 08:50 PM

m900 new user needs help

hey everyone. ive had a htc 6800 since 2007 and as it was a windows based phone the user face was easy to understand. well flashfoward to last wednesday i am now using Sprint and have the new samsung moment m900 and it is an android based phone. so far i havent told you anything you dont know already not trying to be a smartass but i wanted to lay down the background info on me so you can understand why im posting a new thread.

okay first some info for my phone
as it reads:
firmware version 1.5
kernal version2.6.27
hardware version m900.8.0

#1 okay so based on above#s^^^ do i have the most up to date software versions of this phone?

#2 every time i hit the end call button my screen goes blank/black and then when i hit it again i have to press menu to unlock my phone then draw my pattern to unlock it again. is there a way to disable the first menu lock feature and only have the draw lock as my official phone lock? this whole dbl unlock process also happens after my back light goes out and the phone goes into rest mode.

#3 is there a way that i can see all of the running programs i have at once? does the program i have running close as soon as i hit "home" or "back"? is there an app for this. it was a lot more user friendly on the windows phone.

ill probably have more question but i know with some reading ill find the answer to the future ones. i just really need specific answers for the above ones.

thanks in advance for the help

-Will

bfleyva 04-12-2010 09:42 PM

Re: m900 new user needs help

1. Yes you do have the most up to date software. Just make sure you see CL14 under baseband version, which means you have the CL14 update.

2. To disable to draw to unlock pattern hit Menu>Settings>Security & Location>Uncheck the Require pattern.

3. When you hit the home button it still has the program running the in background. In order to completely stop the program from running you will need to install some sort of Task Killer from the Market. A lot of people like using Advanced Task Killer. I personally dont use one.

Don't hesitate to ask question. Thats what this site is for...:mrgreen:

Quote:

Originally Posted by vwracing (Post 1695783)
hey everyone. ive had a htc 6800 since 2007 and as it was a windows based phone the user face was easy to understand. well flashfoward to last wednesday i am now using Sprint and have the new samsung moment m900 and it is an android based phone. so far i havent told you anything you dont know already not trying to be a smartass but i wanted to lay down the background info on me so you can understand why im posting a new thread.

okay first some info for my phone
as it reads:
firmware version 1.5
kernal version2.6.27
hardware version m900.8.0

#1 okay so based on above#s^^^ do i have the most up to date software versions of this phone?

#2 every time i hit the end call button my screen goes blank/black and then when i hit it again i have to press menu to unlock my phone then draw my pattern to unlock it again. is there a way to disable the first menu lock feature and only have the draw lock as my official phone lock? this whole dbl unlock process also happens after my back light goes out and the phone goes into rest mode.

#3 is there a way that i can see all of the running programs i have at once? does the program i have running close as soon as i hit "home" or "back"? is there an app for this. it was a lot more user friendly on the windows phone.

ill probably have more question but i know with some reading ill find the answer to the future ones. i just really need specific answers for the above ones.

thanks in advance for the help

-Will

vwracing 04-12-2010 09:57 PM

it says:
build number
CUPCAKE.CL14

vwracing 04-12-2010 10:01 PM

I dont want to disable the draw to pattern lock i want to disable the end call button as being the "hot" button to send the phone into standby/hibernate/rest and install an app that will lock the phone from a simple touch screen button push.

anything ou there able to do this?

bfleyva 04-12-2010 10:48 PM

Im not sure on anything like that but you do have the latest software so your ok on that. Maybe someone will just in and let both of us know if there is a possibility of doing that. Dont forget to tell us thanks! ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by vwracing (Post 1695912)
I dont want to disable the draw to pattern lock i want to disable the end call button as being the "hot" button to send the phone into standby/hibernate/rest and install an app that will lock the phone from a simple touch screen button push.

WisdomWolfX 04-13-2010 01:39 AM

Quote:

I don't know about software to give a soft button for standby, but you can use spare parts from the market to change the behavior of the end call button.

chibucks 04-13-2010 10:40 AM

unfortunately, as of right now, i don't believe anyone has found a way to remove that "go between" wake-up menu screen...

i think with 2.1; there are differences with key mapping - so it's possible. also, over on xda, they have a trackball wake application - that hopefully someone with more knowledge may be able to port to the moment and allow pressing the optical mouse to wake the phone...

htcman724 04-13-2010 11:20 AM

Quote:

no as of right now and even with 2.1 the "hot button" is going to be the end call button as far as removing the press menu to unlock your going to have to root and then use something like lockbot or lock 2.0 that is the only way i have found to get rid of it.as far as running apps advance task killer works wonders but you have to make sure to uncheck any app that you would want to keep running IE: lock 2.0 setcpu.

vwracing 04-13-2010 11:28 AM

THANKS GUYS FOR ALL THE INFO!!!!!!!!!

yes i was yelling^^