PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2010, 05:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moment
Carrier: sprint

tvirus1134 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to tvirus1134
Question SD again

So I have been installing apps like crazy and uninstalling them just because I have way to much time on my hands.
I just got a popup on my moment and it said cannot install the fallowing apps . . . because of lack of space on phone. My internal memory is really low. But I have a 8GB (lol yeaa that was a fun thread ) And only 1GB is being used.
So can I use my SD card for installing and managing apps and keep my internal memory free?
Old 04-11-2010, 06:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: Sprint

outerpip is a n00b
Re: SD again

From my personal experience, I have noticed that even after I delete apps, the files remain on my SD card. I'm sure someone can tell you how to, but you should be able to have the apps installed to the card. I don't remember having to do anything to get it done, and I could totally be wrong with this, but all mine are on the card. If you're installing and uninstalling apps, you may just need to try downloading Astro file manager (what I use) and just clearing out the old junk from apps you aren't using anymore.
Old 04-11-2010, 06:56 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

tvirus1134 is a n00b

Okay thanks! As of right now apparently I bricked my phone. I didn't hack it. It was running slow so i restarted it and now its just looping.....
Old 04-11-2010, 08:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: SPRINT

twisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvirus1134 View Post
Okay thanks! As of right now apparently I bricked my phone. I didn't hack it. It was running slow so i restarted it and now its just looping.....
I doubt your phone is bricked......Just download the CL14 official update and follow the instructions...........You will be up and running in no time.

IF YOU FEEL THE NEED TO SHOW SOME LOVE ------>
Old 04-11-2010, 08:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & Blackberry Tour 9630

njbianco is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvirus1134 View Post
So I have been installing apps like crazy and uninstalling them just because I have way to much time on my hands.
I just got a popup on my moment and it said cannot install the fallowing apps . . . because of lack of space on phone. My internal memory is really low. But I have a 8GB (lol yeaa that was a fun thread ) And only 1GB is being used.
So can I use my SD card for installing and managing apps and keep my internal memory free?
Android OS does not let you install apps to your sd you only have 256mb of ram to install apps and games. Your sd is used for pictures music videos etc. Thats why your out of space even though you've only used 1 gig of your SD card.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:47 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

If you are using a program like App2SD you can install apps and the like on your SD Card. I don't know if Moment users can at this point, but it is possible.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:46 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

tvirus1134 is a n00b
Wink Re: SD again

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisteddan View Post
I doubt your phone is bricked......Just download the CL14 official update and follow the instructions...........You will be up and running in no time.

I thought the same but I got in contact with quite a few people telling me i bricked my phone. Made me laugh but I didn't know to explain it in any other way. I forgot to use quote marks so i apologize. I really hate having to update/flash because ALL the apps and settings are gone..and if this is going to happen every 4days like i told samsung i got the most high-tech skipping stone i have yet to buy....

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment

Tags
full, sd