PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Moment (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   SD again (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=117750)

tvirus1134 04-11-2010 05:37 PM

SD again

So I have been installing apps like crazy and uninstalling them just because I have way to much time on my hands.
I just got a popup on my moment and it said cannot install the fallowing apps . . . because of lack of space on phone. My internal memory is really low. But I have a 8GB (lol yeaa that was a fun thread disgust) And only 1GB is being used.
So can I use my SD card for installing and managing apps and keep my internal memory free?

outerpip 04-11-2010 06:47 PM

Re: SD again

From my personal experience, I have noticed that even after I delete apps, the files remain on my SD card. I'm sure someone can tell you how to, but you should be able to have the apps installed to the card. I don't remember having to do anything to get it done, and I could totally be wrong with this, but all mine are on the card. If you're installing and uninstalling apps, you may just need to try downloading Astro file manager (what I use) and just clearing out the old junk from apps you aren't using anymore.

tvirus1134 04-11-2010 06:56 PM

Okay thanks! As of right now apparently I bricked my phone. I didn't hack it. It was running slow so i restarted it and now its just looping.....

twisteddan 04-11-2010 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tvirus1134 (Post 1693648)
Okay thanks! As of right now apparently I bricked my phone. I didn't hack it. It was running slow so i restarted it and now its just looping.....

I doubt your phone is bricked......Just download the CL14 official update and follow the instructions...........You will be up and running in no time.

njbianco 04-11-2010 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tvirus1134 (Post 1693499)
So I have been installing apps like crazy and uninstalling them just because I have way to much time on my hands.
I just got a popup on my moment and it said cannot install the fallowing apps . . . because of lack of space on phone. My internal memory is really low. But I have a 8GB (lol yeaa that was a fun thread disgust) And only 1GB is being used.
So can I use my SD card for installing and managing apps and keep my internal memory free?

Android OS does not let you install apps to your sd you only have 256mb of ram to install apps and games. Your sd is used for pictures music videos etc. Thats why your out of space even though you've only used 1 gig of your SD card.

Carla 04-11-2010 08:47 PM

If you are using a program like App2SD you can install apps and the like on your SD Card. I don't know if Moment users can at this point, but it is possible.

tvirus1134 04-11-2010 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twisteddan (Post 1693798)
I doubt your phone is bricked......Just download the CL14 official update and follow the instructions...........You will be up and running in no time.

I thought the same but I got in contact with quite a few people telling me i bricked my phone. Made me laugh but I didn't know to explain it in any other way. I forgot to use quote marks so i apologize. I really hate having to update/flash because ALL the apps and settings are gone..and if this is going to happen every 4days like i told samsung i got the most high-tech skipping stone i have yet to buy.... \\:D/