PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2010, 10:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

stevenjkraft is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to stevenjkraft Send a message via Yahoo to stevenjkraft
Updating to CL14 taking forever?

I am def new to this phone but I have had many other phones in the past and dont lots of tweeks and updates to them. I am just trying to update to the CL14 update samsung put out and it seems like it is taking an abnormal amount of time. After going through the plug and unplug thing a few times it gets to the screen where it says start download and I press it and it has been sitting on there and says elapsed time 2sec 0% complete for over 10 min now. Is this normal? Any suggestions?
Old 04-10-2010, 10:54 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: Updating to CL14 taking forever?

I would recommend restarting your computer and trying again. Also, if you are using anything other than Windows XP (Vista or Win7), right click on the Samsung Update icon and choose properties. Then go to the Compatability tab and click the "Run this program in compatibility mode" check box. Choose "Windows XP" (with the latest service pack it shows you) and then try running the Samsung Update app again.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:56 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

stevenjkraft is a n00b

I am running XP. Trying restart now. brb!
Old 04-10-2010, 11:08 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

stevenjkraft is a n00b

Thanks RainFreak. That worked. I dunno why I didnt think to restart and try again before posting. I guess cuz I had just restrated computer few min before. Anyway Ill try to be less of a noob on future posts! Thanks again.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:29 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

You are welcome, glad you got it working. Now root that bad girl and have some real fun!
Old 04-10-2010, 11:43 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
You are welcome, glad you got it working. Now root that bad girl and have some real fun!
Or checkout 2.1 if you really want to have your mind blown.

Jumped ship for Android now that WM is officially useless.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:49 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

stevenjkraft is a n00b

I do want to root and put 2.1 on there but Im a bit nervous about F'ing up this phone. I bought it on CL just to tide me over till the EVO comes out. I guess I should read the directions on rooting and updating to 2.1 to see how tough it is. Ive never done that sort of thing before. I am pretty savvy when it comes to this stuff (usually) so maybe this week I will give it a whirl.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment