PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2010, 06:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moment
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

tvirus1134 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to tvirus1134
Re: micro SD FAIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerpip View Post
Ok, so you bought and paid for a 16GB card, opened it, and got an 8GB? I can tell you that you should try to get your correct purchase. How much did you pay for the card? And what retailer did you get it from. Depending on the retailer, for almost all, you just need to explain what happened, provide the card and your receipt and they need to take the hit for that. If you have any shreds of the packaging left at all, something with barcode or anything that shows it was a 16gb card, take it in too. Also, I've gone through thousands of SD cards in my retail experience, and I have never seen a card mispackaged like that. Especially one of such high capacity and retail value. If it was packaged wrong, it was because the store repackaged it wrong. But, all else, you definitely need to go have a talk with the manager. If he won't do anything, which I'd doubt, go for the district manager if it's important enough to you. They can authorize just about anything.

Thank you for understanding I'm looking to close or delete this thread. I didn't pay to much it 16gb cards were on sale. I was going to get a 32 but the price was over $100. Two days ago was garbage day so the package and every scrap about the card (other than the card itself) is gone. Only documentation I have is the bill on the debcard. I do know the other guy who was working on that day. I can get a hold of him and talk to him and, probably get money back (not all of the money) and the 16gb. To me it's not a big deal. It was on sale so it's not like it was full price. And I told my girlfriend that she can have my 8gb. I'd rather donate and make someone happy than try to battle some kid cashier. As I said thanks for the info if I was worried about getting my money/correct card I would of done exactly as you said.=)
Old 04-10-2010, 06:32 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moment
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

tvirus1134 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to tvirus1134
Exclamation Re: micro SD FAIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaDarla View Post
I think he was just asking if you could have done that since you were saying you bought a 16gb card and it only showed a certain amount of storage available (that wasn't 16gb). When you partition the SD Card to save apps etc to the card it will only show as having the available memory you allow it to use. That is why I think he asked.
That's true I'd just like to apologize to you, D/\SH and, everyone else. Last night when I found out that my card was not a 16gb I got upset because I kinda got screwed on that deal. I am truly grateful that everyone on this thread took the time to provide help. It was an error on my part not posting ALL info. So again I am sorry and I didn't me to offend or disrespect.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:19 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla
Re: micro SD FAIL

Thanks for the apology, I am sure D/\SH will agree with this, I don't tihnk he nor I took offense. I was just clearing things up. I appreciate the sincerity though! I hope you get everything worked out, that is definitely a bummer.

As you requested.....Thread Closed

And for your viewing pleasure...Chics With Guns!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment