PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Moment (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Issues with 2.1? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=117489)

ayryyn 04-09-2010 12:09 AM

Issues with 2.1?

Now, I know that there are a couple of other threads dealing with the leaked 2.1 release but, I haven't seen any about issues dealing with 2.1.

I successfully updated and rooted 2.1 no problems, but:

1. None of my streaming music apps are working - Pandora, Grooveshark, or Slacker. They start up fine, appear to play because the album art shows up, but after a few seconds they will say "Unable to retrieve music" or similar. This happens on both WiFi and EVDO. Any ideas?

2. Most of my paid apps are not appearing in the download portion of Android Marketplace. In fact, the two that I use the most frequent are not even listed when I search for them. Help?

If I don't hear about any possible resolutions, I will reflash without rooting to see if that will work.

EDIT: Rerooting did not help. SAShady - Would this be an issue even if I have tried BOTH WiFi or the data connection on the phone?

SAShady 04-09-2010 12:52 AM

Re: Issues with 2.1?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayryyn (Post 1689094)
Now, I know that there are a couple of other threads dealing with the leaked 2.1 release but, I haven't seen any about issues dealing with 2.1.

I successfully updated and rooted 2.1 no problems, but:

1. None of my streaming music apps are working - Pandora, Grooveshark, or Slacker. They start up fine, appear to play because the album art shows up, but after a few seconds they will say "Unable to retrieve music" or similar. This happens on both WiFi and EVDO. Any ideas?

2. Most of my paid apps are not appearing in the download portion of Android Marketplace. In fact, the two that I use the most frequent are not even listed when I search for them. Help?

If I don't hear about any possible resolutions, I will reflash without rooting to see if that will work.

EVDO is still locking up AND some of the paid apps are for 1.5 only.

strra 04-09-2010 03:42 AM

what version of the root are you using?

kgbcapthowdy 04-09-2010 10:12 AM

because of the streaming issues i went back to caulkins 1.5. untill the streaming is working its useless for me. even youtube wouldnt work. other than that most everything else was ok. ill wait til the official and then even once that is rooted even better

chibucks 04-09-2010 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgbcapthowdy (Post 1689563)
because of the streaming issues i went back to caulkins 1.5. untill the streaming is working its useless for me. even youtube wouldnt work. other than that most everything else was ok. ill wait til the official and then even once that is rooted even better

FYI - this was posted on androidforums...

Quote:

As for streaming applications like Pandora and TuneWiki you'll have to disable Multimedia gateway (new feature in 2.1 rom) .It works fine after that:

phone > Dialer > ##3282# > Multimedia > Enter "MSL" > You will see RTST Proxy, HTTPPD Proxy > modify every list > set Address with "0.0.0.0", port with '0'.

WisdomWolfX 04-09-2010 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAShady (Post 1689169)
EVDO is still locking up AND some of the paid apps are for 1.5 only.

The problem isn't so much that apps are 1.5 only, but that copy protected apps aren't showing up because this build has not been officially registered with google due to it's test nature.

kgbcapthowdy 04-09-2010 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chibucks (Post 1689919)

now what if i dont know my MSL, also when the official sprint rom comes out will it put the kernel back to theirs or will my root stay in place? Sorry been dealing with WinMo for 6 years so im just now learning Android lol

JeffKay 04-09-2010 02:57 PM

interesting, I never stream, and have only used free apps. I have not run into the issues then. It seems EVDO is stable and has not locked up on me.

chibucks 04-09-2010 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgbcapthowdy (Post 1690078)
now what if i dont know my MSL, also when the official sprint rom comes out will it put the kernel back to theirs or will my root stay in place? Sorry been dealing with WinMo for 6 years so im just now learning Android lol

1) you can get your MSL either by talking to sprint or, this is how i did it:

download connectbot from the market (free app)

open up connectbot and type:

"getprop" (without the ")

look through all the information it spewed out and look for the 6-digit number after [ril.MSL] - that is your MSL number.

2) the kernel will be back to theirs if you install it - you'll most likely lose root since they typically wipe everything. (you could wait for the 'custom' official 2.1 ROM). :)

ayryyn 04-09-2010 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chibucks (Post 1689919)

Amazing! This worked like a charm! Thanks!