PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Moment (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   I have 2.1 on my Moment! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=117384)

JeffKay 04-08-2010 02:26 AM

I have 2.1 on my Moment!

Thanks to chibucks for giving us the link to from sdx-developers..

I flashed it, very easy and it works!

It seems faster, of course it's a freshly formatted phone now - stock.

Data and voice worked. I checked both.

I'm checking voicemail now.. nothing yet but sprint takes a little time for me to get a notification.

strra 04-08-2010 02:49 AM

Re: I have 2.1 on my Moment!

keep us updated if everything works :)

JeffKay 04-08-2010 10:09 AM

Everything seems to be fine. Actually, it seems like the radio is more sensitive, I'm getting better reception in my home... more bars. It does seem fast, with the exception of the browser seems a tad slower.

All the mail clients work better. My hotmail now has an option to download photos for HTML mail.. it didn't have this before.

Also the orientation changes the way it's supposed to.

stparker38 04-18-2010 01:56 PM

I did it!!! I rooted my Moment... then I put 2.1 on and it is working great!!! I was ready to throw my Moment out the window with the annoying "mute" cheek press every time I was on a call. I use Where app daily and am so happy that now I can speak my commands. I love the google maps navigation feature so now I don't have to look it up in google and then go to sprint navigation for turn by turn directions. I don't see any issues yet, but I'm sure whatever they are it won't outweigh the added benefits. The directions on rooting and then adding 2.1 found on this site were very easy to follow. Thanks to all!!!!!!!

SAShady 04-18-2010 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stparker38 (Post 1705562)
I did it!!! I rooted my Moment... then I put 2.1 on and it is working great!!! I was ready to throw my Moment out the window with the annoying "mute" cheek press every time I was on a call. I use Where app daily and am so happy that now I can speak my commands. I love the google maps navigation feature so now I don't have to look it up in google and then go to sprint navigation for turn by turn directions. I don't see any issues yet, but I'm sure whatever they are it won't outweigh the added benefits. The directions on rooting and then adding 2.1 found on this site were very easy to follow. Thanks to all!!!!!!!

Trust me, it wont be too long until you experience the face button pushing once again. Only this time, you have to slide the mute button, not hard. AND you can feel the haptic feedback whenever you touch a button. Using the Voice control will redirect all your sounds to the earpiece instead of the loudspeaker. There are also several other quirks, definitely not ready for the mainstream audience

stparker38 04-19-2010 07:23 PM

Did experience the face pushing today....this time with apps being pressed instead of mute... I solely want to use the voice control for Where app in which is just pulls up my number and then I dial... I don't really use speaker phone option....never had, except to listen to voice mail. I'm sure as time goes on more updates/tweaks will be put out... it does satisfy my need to have it now (got tired of waiting on Sprint) and I am totally pleased with it the way it is...it can't go anywhere but up from here.

rainfreak 04-19-2010 10:47 PM

I enjoyed 2.1 on my Moment... for about an hour. It seemed more buggy and issue ridden than I was ready to deal with. I'll check it out again after the official 2.1 is released and our frienndly SDX members have been able to gain permenant root on it.

stparker38 04-23-2010 10:57 PM

Do you think different handsets have different experiences? I've reprogrammed my HTC Touch Pro, my Palm Pre, and now my Moment and so far I have been fortunate to not "brick" any or have any performance issues...and I am truly an amateur that is bound solely by the instructions posted by the professionals here...lol... by the time this update really come out I will probably be ready for the EVO that will be out by summer..

ajac 04-27-2010 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stparker38 (Post 1716227)
Do you think different handsets have different experiences? I've reprogrammed my HTC Touch Pro, my Palm Pre, and now my Moment and so far I have been fortunate to not "brick" any or have any performance issues...and I am truly an amateur that is bound solely by the instructions posted by the professionals here...lol... by the time this update really come out I will probably be ready for the EVO that will be out by summer..

reprogram ? wow... lol a true person says root and unlock lol oh I have "repogrammed" a hero pre touch pro 1 and 2 mogul moment ppc 6600 6700 lol but yeah its called unlock and root lol

outerpip 04-27-2010 01:23 PM

Root comes from it being the beginning directory of an operating system, which is a program that runs. To root a phone means to change the program and how is appropriates itself, also know less lazily as reprogramming. We just say root or rooted because no one wants to do any more work and type any more than is necessary, hence why I almost didn't respond to this post.