PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2010, 02:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

JeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I have 2.1 on my Moment!

Thanks to chibucks for giving us the link to from sdx-developers..

I flashed it, very easy and it works!

It seems faster, of course it's a freshly formatted phone now - stock.

Data and voice worked. I checked both.

I'm checking voicemail now.. nothing yet but sprint takes a little time for me to get a notification.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:49 AM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra
Re: I have 2.1 on my Moment!

keep us updated if everything works
Old 04-08-2010, 10:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Threadstarter

JeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Everything seems to be fine. Actually, it seems like the radio is more sensitive, I'm getting better reception in my home... more bars. It does seem fast, with the exception of the browser seems a tad slower.

All the mail clients work better. My hotmail now has an option to download photos for HTML mail.. it didn't have this before.

Also the orientation changes the way it's supposed to.
Old 04-18-2010, 01:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: sprint

stparker38 is a n00b

I did it!!! I rooted my Moment... then I put 2.1 on and it is working great!!! I was ready to throw my Moment out the window with the annoying "mute" cheek press every time I was on a call. I use Where app daily and am so happy that now I can speak my commands. I love the google maps navigation feature so now I don't have to look it up in google and then go to sprint navigation for turn by turn directions. I don't see any issues yet, but I'm sure whatever they are it won't outweigh the added benefits. The directions on rooting and then adding 2.1 found on this site were very easy to follow. Thanks to all!!!!!!!
Old 04-18-2010, 02:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

SAShady is keeping up the good workSAShady is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by stparker38 View Post
I did it!!! I rooted my Moment... then I put 2.1 on and it is working great!!! I was ready to throw my Moment out the window with the annoying "mute" cheek press every time I was on a call. I use Where app daily and am so happy that now I can speak my commands. I love the google maps navigation feature so now I don't have to look it up in google and then go to sprint navigation for turn by turn directions. I don't see any issues yet, but I'm sure whatever they are it won't outweigh the added benefits. The directions on rooting and then adding 2.1 found on this site were very easy to follow. Thanks to all!!!!!!!
Trust me, it wont be too long until you experience the face button pushing once again. Only this time, you have to slide the mute button, not hard. AND you can feel the haptic feedback whenever you touch a button. Using the Voice control will redirect all your sounds to the earpiece instead of the loudspeaker. There are also several other quirks, definitely not ready for the mainstream audience
Old 04-19-2010, 07:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

stparker38 is a n00b

Did experience the face pushing today....this time with apps being pressed instead of mute... I solely want to use the voice control for Where app in which is just pulls up my number and then I dial... I don't really use speaker phone option....never had, except to listen to voice mail. I'm sure as time goes on more updates/tweaks will be put out... it does satisfy my need to have it now (got tired of waiting on Sprint) and I am totally pleased with it the way it is...it can't go anywhere but up from here.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:47 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

I enjoyed 2.1 on my Moment... for about an hour. It seemed more buggy and issue ridden than I was ready to deal with. I'll check it out again after the official 2.1 is released and our frienndly SDX members have been able to gain permenant root on it.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

stparker38 is a n00b

Do you think different handsets have different experiences? I've reprogrammed my HTC Touch Pro, my Palm Pre, and now my Moment and so far I have been fortunate to not "brick" any or have any performance issues...and I am truly an amateur that is bound solely by the instructions posted by the professionals here...lol... by the time this update really come out I will probably be ready for the EVO that will be out by summer..
Old 04-27-2010, 08:56 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by stparker38 View Post
Do you think different handsets have different experiences? I've reprogrammed my HTC Touch Pro, my Palm Pre, and now my Moment and so far I have been fortunate to not "brick" any or have any performance issues...and I am truly an amateur that is bound solely by the instructions posted by the professionals here...lol... by the time this update really come out I will probably be ready for the EVO that will be out by summer..
reprogram ? wow... lol a true person says root and unlock lol oh I have "repogrammed" a hero pre touch pro 1 and 2 mogul moment ppc 6600 6700 lol but yeah its called unlock and root lol
Old 04-27-2010, 01:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

outerpip is a n00b

Root comes from it being the beginning directory of an operating system, which is a program that runs. To root a phone means to change the program and how is appropriates itself, also know less lazily as reprogramming. We just say root or rooted because no one wants to do any more work and type any more than is necessary, hence why I almost didn't respond to this post.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment