PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2010, 11:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Evo
Carrier: sprint

rudyru01 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: FYI - 2.1 for the Moment has been leaked...

ne 1 have a 7 zip file link? i have googled it but not quite sure if have the correct 1 or exactly how to use it.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

chibucks is keeping up the good workchibucks is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyru01 View Post
ne 1 have a 7 zip file link? i have googled it but not quite sure if have the correct 1 or exactly how to use it.
here's the one i had downloaded from:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D953ND25
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

JeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

it's a simple as the CL14 update - replace one file and flash. This is the way the device is meant to be used... I could not be happier. If the other stuff comes.. even better.
Old 04-08-2010, 01:05 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

SDK
Better RECOGNIZE FOOL! ha ha

http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/08/e...amsung-moment/
Old 04-08-2010, 03:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: moment

elboriqua176 is a n00b

I just flashed to the dd03 version and i am loving it. Response time is faster, I like the new answer and mute on screen widgets, also it comes with a new email interface. i may not have to use the web to mass delete emails anymore. I tested the gps and it found me with accuracy of 400 yds but i am in a datacenter so it is always sketchy. I am not seeing any marketplace issues either. I downloaded one app to test it ( apk installer) and it went off without a hitch. So far i am not seeing any real issues. I am seeing a noticeable increase in performance though. Dont know about the battery life yet as i just flashed like an hour ago, but after an hour straight of playing and downloading contacts and syncing my email my battery only lost only 5%.
Like i said i will repost later after playing for another couple of hours. though it does not have everything like the live wallpapers or multi- touch, if it is an increase in performance and ease of use....why not flash to it????
Old 04-08-2010, 04:19 PM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

i get to the point where it asks to hold on vol dn, camera, and end and nothing happens... any idea?

*edit*
got it... turns out you can't have the phone connected to the computer before that step :P

Last edited by strra; 04-08-2010 at 04:23 PM.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:18 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by strra View Post
i get to the point where it asks to hold on vol dn, camera, and end and nothing happens... any idea?

*edit*
got it... turns out you can't have the phone connected to the computer before that step :P
That would be correct! Good luck and enjoy
Old 04-09-2010, 03:03 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: moment

elboriqua176 is a n00b

after playing with the leak 2.1 i must say i am impressed. I have noticed no major flaws as of yet. I added swype and now have voice to text also. my phone runs faster, though on transitional screens i do see some tearing. I do have the internal external speaker flaw that they have been talking about, but that is not that big a deal for me as i just put my moment on vibrate. the only issue i saw was when i tried to install wireless tether. it said that i did not have root access and forced close. very happy with thsi leak...thank you much to everyone here on this site that allows me to actually enjoy my equipment like i should.
Old 04-10-2010, 02:45 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX

Quote:
Originally Posted by elboriqua176 View Post
after playing with the leak 2.1 i must say i am impressed. I have noticed no major flaws as of yet. I added swype and now have voice to text also. my phone runs faster, though on transitional screens i do see some tearing. I do have the internal external speaker flaw that they have been talking about, but that is not that big a deal for me as i just put my moment on vibrate. the only issue i saw was when i tried to install wireless tether. it said that i did not have root access and forced close. very happy with thsi leak...thank you much to everyone here on this site that allows me to actually enjoy my equipment like i should.
Wireless Tether won't work until we get a custom kernel with netfilter support.

I've noticed several fixesin 2.1 for some of the minor issues that bugged me on 1.5. Here's the list I've come up with so far, with some help from members of SDX:

- Keyboard backlight timeout can now be changed (3, 6, 20 sec or 1 min)
- Screen no longer stays on during a call when connected to a BT headset
- Emergency call button no longer autodials 911 (prevents accidental dial)
- Proximity Sensor is improved (no more 2 sec delay)
- Streaming radio works much better with no more choppiness
- Data lockup appears to be far less likely (been using PDAnet all day and streamed Slacker all the way home last night with no lockup)

Jumped ship for Android now that WM is officially useless.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:38 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

for those using the 2.1 leak can you do me a favor and check to see if homerun battle 3D is in the marketplace?
Google is the next skynet

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment