PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2010, 04:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: rooted M900 Moment
Carrier: sprint

loserpunk701 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Auto-Rotation

I rooted my moment with ZE14.3 a few days ago and I am noticing that my home screen won't auto-rotate. anyone else have this problem? everything else rotates fine, and the home screen rotates if I open the keyboard, but that is the only way.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:10 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Auto-Rotation

did you make sure it's set to rotate in your settings

Menu>Settings>Sound Display>Orientation
Old 04-02-2010, 10:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

JeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'm having the same issue.. I have orientation checked in the settings menu.
Old 04-03-2010, 12:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Yes, Orientation is checked. I unchecked it, tried it, and checked it, and tried again. for some reason that's what I have to do to get silent keystrokes... anyways, still no rotation on the home screen.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:10 PM
domo arigato mr roboto

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

just for fun, flash to SpeedRabbit or Joeykrims and see if this fixes the problem
Old 04-04-2010, 01:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Alright will do. We'll see in a few
Old 04-04-2010, 04:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO LTE

raiderep is a n00b

If you want to theme your phone with one that has advanced launcher in it I believe it will solve this issue. I know my phone didn't rotate unless the keyboard was out or in an app until I applied a theme with one. The other plus to advanced launcher is multiple home screens(more than 3) is also working without a home app...something I really like, plus I think you can hide apps from your app drawer just not sure how at the moment...no pun lol
Old 04-04-2010, 11:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

outerpip is a n00b

Just wanted to add in my info. I rooted to Zefie's 14.3 less than a week ago. The rotation works well on mine, so it shouldn't be the kernel thats messing that up. You might read through his notes and see if he commented on it though.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:55 PM
domo arigato mr roboto

Well I suggested a different kernel because if the problem stays with the new kernel, then we know it's an app that was installed on the phone.... then it would just be a matter of finding the problematic app!
Old 04-05-2010, 08:56 AM
Lurker

skyj635 is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to skyj635

Whats strange about this to me is to don't think I've ever been able to rotate the screen from home. Are you saying you were able to stock and it stopped right after you changed your kernel or is it not rotating when apps are open now? Mine rotates fine when apps are open but not on the home app. Openhome fixes the problem like the Advanced Launcher app mentioned earlier but I'm curious now. I wonder if Elephant is right and it is a popular app causing it to stop rotating on home. I might flash back to CL14 and see. Only thing about that theory is when flashing kernels your apps don't change so if it stopped working right after you flashed, that shouldn't matter cause you would have the same apps you had before you flashed and it was working.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment