PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Moment (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Auto-Rotation (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=116777)

loserpunk701 04-02-2010 04:52 PM

Auto-Rotation

I rooted my moment with ZE14.3 a few days ago and I am noticing that my home screen won't auto-rotate. anyone else have this problem? everything else rotates fine, and the home screen rotates if I open the keyboard, but that is the only way.

elephant007 04-02-2010 05:10 PM

Re: Auto-Rotation

did you make sure it's set to rotate in your settings

Menu>Settings>Sound Display>Orientation

JeffKay 04-02-2010 10:03 PM

I'm having the same issue.. I have orientation checked in the settings menu.

loserpunk701 04-03-2010 12:13 PM

Yes, Orientation is checked. I unchecked it, tried it, and checked it, and tried again. for some reason that's what I have to do to get silent keystrokes... anyways, still no rotation on the home screen.

elephant007 04-03-2010 09:10 PM

just for fun, flash to SpeedRabbit or Joeykrims and see if this fixes the problem

loserpunk701 04-04-2010 01:17 AM

Alright will do. We'll see in a few

raiderep 04-04-2010 04:49 AM

If you want to theme your phone with one that has advanced launcher in it I believe it will solve this issue. I know my phone didn't rotate unless the keyboard was out or in an app until I applied a theme with one. The other plus to advanced launcher is multiple home screens(more than 3) is also working without a home app...something I really like, plus I think you can hide apps from your app drawer just not sure how at the moment...no pun lol

outerpip 04-04-2010 11:19 AM

Just wanted to add in my info. I rooted to Zefie's 14.3 less than a week ago. The rotation works well on mine, so it shouldn't be the kernel thats messing that up. You might read through his notes and see if he commented on it though.

elephant007 04-04-2010 12:55 PM

Well I suggested a different kernel because if the problem stays with the new kernel, then we know it's an app that was installed on the phone.... then it would just be a matter of finding the problematic app!

skyj635 04-05-2010 08:56 AM

Whats strange about this to me is to don't think I've ever been able to rotate the screen from home. Are you saying you were able to stock and it stopped right after you changed your kernel or is it not rotating when apps are open now? Mine rotates fine when apps are open but not on the home app. Openhome fixes the problem like the Advanced Launcher app mentioned earlier but I'm curious now. I wonder if Elephant is right and it is a popular app causing it to stop rotating on home. I might flash back to CL14 and see. Only thing about that theory is when flashing kernels your apps don't change so if it stopped working right after you flashed, that shouldn't matter cause you would have the same apps you had before you flashed and it was working.