PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2010, 02:30 PM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint users: Phone going to airplane mode

I bought my wife a Moment yesterday. I played around with it last night to get my Android fix for the day and when I got done I put it on the charger. Today she grabbed it off the charger and left the house. The Moment was stuck in airplane mode. She had to reboot to get out of airplane mode. I read on the Sprint forums that this is an issue so I figured I would come here and see if people are having the same issue and if there is a workaround or something for it.

Thanks in advance for any information.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:58 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: Sprint users: Phone going to airplane mode

I have never had that happen. Are you running a custom kernel or the stock one?
Old 03-17-2010, 03:59 PM
V.I.P
Threadstarter

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
I have never had that happen. Are you running a custom kernel or the stock one?
Right out of the box -stock

I wasnt going to root it just yet till she gets the hang of it. She isnt the best at the whole touchscreen thing lol long story.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:14 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Then I would recommend making sure that the CL14 update is installed and that you didn't get an older model off a dusty shelf someplace. If it's installed, then I would suggest that you take it back and explain the issue to them and ask for a replacement.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

vabronxboogie is just getting started
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; SPH-M900 Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

It has happened to my sister and I and our phones came with the update
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-18-2010, 12:36 AM
V.I.P
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabronxboogie View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; SPH-M900 Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

It has happened to my sister and I and our phones came with the update
So what do you do, just shut it off and turn it back on and keep playing the game to make sure your phone is working? I have the updates too.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

vabronxboogie is just getting started

Yup just shut it off...I shouldn't have to do tht but I do.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:46 AM
V.I.P
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabronxboogie View Post

Yup just shut it off...I shouldn't have to do tht but I do.
hey thanks for the info.....maybe the update the Moment is getting will fix it.

Old 03-18-2010, 11:52 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: ANDROID 2.2 Froyo Deodex

sprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to sprintgirl

i agree about the cl14 make sure u have it by going to menu-settings-about phone...scroll down n see if its there. but i had a customer with this issue instead of regular soft reset i held vol down send end to get to diagnostics and went to reset from there. never happnd again... but if u have this issue again sync ur gmail (aps, contacts etc.) & wipe device (found under security in settings). shouldnt have any more trouble. for some reason android is weird when its brand new its like when u first wake up in the morning. not fully functional until u r all the way awake. i have seen the weirdest things...camera not working until reboot. airplane mode stuck on...all kinds of bizarre things on fully functional devices. doesnt mean there is anything wrong with them...i call about a week later and they are all working fine. dont know if that helps at all but this isnt the first time i have seen this weird phenomena.
Old 03-30-2010, 05:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4g

pvtjoker42 is a n00b

I've had the phone get stuck in airplane mode a couple times in the 3ish weeks i've had the phone. at first i was powering off and back on, then i figured out if you go into settings > wireless controls > and uncheck airplane mode it seems to sort it out. (happened to me this weekend, and i unchecked airplane mode in settings, and it's been fine since) So that's one way to keep from having to fully power down the phone anyway.. hope this works for you guys too!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment