PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2010, 11:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Raphael 800
Carrier: Sextel

RavenTBK is keeping up the good workRavenTBK is keeping up the good workRavenTBK is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Swype Keyboard

Been seeing swype keyboard flying around for awhile now. Never knew what it was till this thread when it was mentioned "saw on tv". I wondered if this was the cool lookin thing from the Sammy ads and indeed it is. I still dislike onscreen keyboards and will probably never stop using my hardware keyboard, but this is a cool gimmick to show off.

Thanks op.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:23 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moment
Carrier: sprint

tvirus1134 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to tvirus1134
Question Re: Swype Keyboard

So I have installed this and it is AWESOME! I just have one question. Should I worry about the warning?

"This input method may be able to collect all the text you type, including personal data like passwords and credit card numbers. It comes from the application Swype. Enable this input method?"

You'll have to forgive me I am quite paranoid about things like that regarding my personal data...
Old 04-08-2010, 12:34 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvirus1134 View Post
So I have installed this and it is AWESOME! I just have one question. Should I worry about the warning?

"This input method may be able to collect all the text you type, including personal data like passwords and credit card numbers. It comes from the application Swype. Enable this input method?"

You'll have to forgive me I am quite paranoid about things like that regarding my personal data...
Android offers this warning for all other onscreen keyboards when they are installed, as well as most other software. I saw the same warning when I installed Swype, the HTC IME and Better Keyboard. I thinnk they do it to protect their own butt...

I would not worry about it unless you are installing an APK from an unknown or untrusted source.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moment

tvirus1134 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to tvirus1134
Thumbs up Re: Swype Keyboard

Thank you! I was thinking the same thing but at the same time I didn't want to assume anything.
Old 04-10-2010, 09:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: moment

vampirefo is becoming a great contributor

Thanks man swype rules.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Blackberry 8530
Carrier: Sprint

schufly is a n00b

Great job! Takes some getting used too, but works great!
Old 04-12-2010, 09:48 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

do you have to be rooted for this to work? and is this set to a certain resolution?

I want to install this on a Mytouc3G and a Nexus one l;s
Old 04-12-2010, 10:15 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
do you have to be rooted for this to work? and is this set to a certain resolution?

I want to install this on a Mytouc3G and a Nexus one l;s
This can be used without being rooted. As for the resolution, I think it aut-resizes, but not sure. Try it... it's always easy to remove if you don't like it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:18 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
This can be used without being rooted. As for the resolution, I think it aut-resizes, but not sure. Try it... it's always easy to remove if you don't like it.
sounds good, Ill put this bad boy on my sd
Old 04-13-2010, 08:15 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus Space Gray 128GB Jailbroken
Carrier: Sprint

piscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to piscesjoey Send a message via Yahoo to piscesjoey Send a message via Skype™ to piscesjoey

This is the official Swype keyboard that comes with the new MyTouch 3g with the 3.5mm headphone jack on top. It says 2.1 but it will work on 1.5, as I'm using it right now on Calkulin's 1.5 ROM. Thanks goes to joeykrim from SDX, as I copied the link from his website.

http://www.mediafire.com/?gjzntmykegh

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment