PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2010, 04:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

JDub0820 is keeping up the good workJDub0820 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Stuck????

So I bought my wife the Samsung moment, and trying to "root" it for her, but somewhere along the line here I did something wrong? I rooted it just fine using Sprint updater, Joeys 1.9.5 and it loaded fine several times, so forward I went trying to figure out what to do next. I was trying to figure out how to load recovery and what I should be doing with that, but now her phone won't boot past the opening screen. Any ideas what I may have done?
Old 03-28-2010, 07:41 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Stuck????

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDub0820 View Post
So I bought my wife the Samsung moment, and trying to "root" it for her, but somewhere along the line here I did something wrong? I rooted it just fine using Sprint updater, Joeys 1.9.5 and it loaded fine several times, so forward I went trying to figure out what to do next. I was trying to figure out how to load recovery and what I should be doing with that, but now her phone won't boot past the opening screen. Any ideas what I may have done?
Re-root using Sprint Utility and Joey's kernel
This will get you to start over

I had the same problem you speak of when I tried loading a theme by using the Update feature in recovery mode so I re-rooted and the problem went away

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment