PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Moment (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Smart Dialer? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=115907)

Calkulin 03-26-2010 04:27 PM

Smart Dialer?

One thing the Moment is missing is smart dialing from the dial pad to find contacts, so do anyone know of a good one?

insomniac 03-26-2010 07:49 PM

Re: Smart Dialer?

I don't have have my moment connected right now, but I remember missing this and had downloaded something from the market. do a search in the market, sorry i can't remember its specific name

macevedo 03-26-2010 07:56 PM

In the Market you can download the SuperDial application. It is not developed any longer and some users have experienced problems with it. I have not experienced any problems with it. I wish it was still developed though because it could use a bit of polishing (for example it performs a search in contacts only by the letters in the numbers but not the number itself. So if you know the number 555-555-1212 it will tell you contact not found for example).

rainfreak 03-26-2010 10:45 PM

I have tried three or four, including SuperDial, and didn't like any of them. I just wish that the dialer would auto-complete a number as I dialed it, like WinMo did.

WisdomWolfX 03-27-2010 09:01 AM

This is the primary reason that I want a phone with Sense UI. I use spelldial for now, but it's not as nice as a true smartdialer. Is the Evo out yet?

elephant007 03-27-2010 12:18 PM

Wisdom, just saw your sig, "Jumped ship for Android"

should be "jumped the rubber life raft for Android" HA HA

I'm no programmer, it seems that our existing dial paid just doesn't have the capabilities as far as having room for a list to populate. I like the feature of text messaging, I guess this is something similar you're looking for and I guess it would take reconfiguring the existing dial paid to do or third party apps as suggested before

List of some smartdialers I found

Free
Dialer One v1.1.6.1
SmartPad
Contact Blast Lite (not sure of the limitations compared to full version)

Free Trial
Smart Dialer
PhoneFace (for fun?)

Other
Contact Blast

outerpip 03-27-2010 01:28 PM

Don't think this is quite what you're looking for, but you might try Moov. It's kinda nice for compiling different things. Probably not what you're looking for, but might just be something new to play with.

Calkulin 03-29-2010 04:18 PM

Thanks for the suggestions, I've been using Smart Dialer for a couple of days now and if that's the best I can get for now, I guess I'll have to deal with it or port over the HTC dialer

chibucks 03-29-2010 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calkulin (Post 1667996)
Thanks for the suggestions, I've been using Smart Dialer for a couple of days now and if that's the best I can get for now, I guess I'll have to deal with it or port over the HTC dialer

hehe, if you port over the HTC dialer, let us know. :)

i've also heard that acontacts was recommended... have you tried that?

MrHawaii 03-30-2010 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calkulin (Post 1667996)

Let me know if you need any files. I have access to both phones, haven't rooted any of them yet. Didn't have time.