PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2010, 05:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch
Carrier: Sprint

number_21 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Noob about to take the plunge

So I 'm a Win Mo user who's looking on getting the moment. Wanted to get some ideas as the first things I should do to the phone to get the most out of it. ie battery life, performance out of it.

I've scanned the forums and saw things about "rooting" the phone though I'm not sure I quite understand what that does. Also saw that 2.1 is supposed to come out soon. What are the features of 2.1?

So what are the top 10 things I should do once I get the phone?
Old 03-23-2010, 05:47 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: Noob about to take the plunge

You wait until the summer, just a few months away, and you get this.
Old 03-23-2010, 05:48 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I would recommend getting a Gmail account if you don't already have one, before getting any Android phone

After getting the phone I'd recommended to you to mess around with your phone and get familiar with it, then if you decide you want to change it up, root the phone. I tried holding off on rooting my phone, then finally did and there's a world of difference as far as battery life is concerned. Currently I'm using JoeyKrim's kernel.

As far as the top 10 things to do once you get your phone I have no idea, I just do things with it never though of creating a list... I think the most important thing is to play around with it first then decide what you want to modify... when I say modify, I'm talking more of finding alternative apps to use besides the stock apps.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-23-2010, 05:53 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

number_21 is a n00b

Dang!!! How much do you think that thing is going to run?
Old 03-23-2010, 06:55 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

number_21 is a n00b

Does anyone know if Adobe Flash 10 is available for the Moment?
Old 03-23-2010, 07:03 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Quote:
Originally Posted by number_21 View Post
Does anyone know if Adobe Flash 10 is available for the Moment?
It is not available for the Moment. From what I have read, even with the 2.1 Update coming sometime 3 years from now, it still won't be officially available to our devices. I am sure there will be ways around this, maybe, but for now the short answer is...no.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:09 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

number_21 is a n00b

Ok. Thanks.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:24 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
You wait until the summer, just a few months away, and you get this.
you get your premier email too?

Old 03-23-2010, 07:30 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yay 4 Juggs View Post
you get your premier email too?
Just got ours a few minutes ago. The part I don't like about it is the "same device for 12 months"...I change phones like I change.....Well you get what I'm saying. So that is a bummer, but whatever.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:25 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

I rooted mine in the first 5 mins after unboxing it, so I would suggest, root it, uninstall all the apps you don't want, theme it if you want and have fun trying apps from the Market. But I will say, 2 of my must have apps are Advanced Task Killer & Spare Parts(to speed up animations & change end key behavior). SetCPU & Startup Auditor are also nice to have as SetCPU will help prolong battery life if set right and Startup Auditor can prevent a lot of unnecessary programs from loading during startup

edit: Forgot to mention the HTC keyboard is a must also

Last edited by Calkulin; 03-25-2010 at 10:39 AM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment