PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Moment (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Problems while on call (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=115428)

DomSim 03-23-2010 11:30 AM

Problems while on call

My girlfriend has a moment which has the cl14 update and when ever she is on a call, the screen becomes active and she pushes every button with her face. She says the display is actually off and completely black and she cannot hear the button presses but when talking to her you get all sorts of dial tones. this also triggers the speaker phone, and mute functions quite frequently. we have taken the phone to sprint and they told her that her hair was in between the phone and the "heat sensor" obviously this guy was a moron. I have read the formerly hero only app "proximity sensor" works in a beta fashion now. anyone confirm or have any other suggestions?

chibucks 03-23-2010 05:04 PM

Re: Problems while on call

Quote:

Originally Posted by DomSim (Post 1652825)
My girlfriend has a moment which has the cl14 update and when ever she is on a call, the screen becomes active and she pushes every button with her face. She says the display is actually off and completely black and she cannot hear the button presses but when talking to her you get all sorts of dial tones. this also triggers the speaker phone, and mute functions quite frequently. we have taken the phone to sprint and they told her that her hair was in between the phone and the "heat sensor" obviously this guy was a moron. I have read the formerly hero only app "proximity sensor" works in a beta fashion now. anyone confirm or have any other suggestions?

the moment has a proximity/light sensor up by the sprint logo - but it doesn't seem to always work that well. there have been complaints about the mute and speaker button being accidentally pressed quite often by cheeks.

i don't think anyone has officially figured out the prox sensor issue - tom reay (the developer of the prox sensor for the hero) hasn't had too much success with the moment's prox sensor partly because he doesn't have the moment.

there is a workaround though - but you have to have a rooted phone. we've replaced the phone.apk with one that minimizes the speaker and mute buttons sizes so that they're "not there anymore". i believe rainfreak or elephant posted it in the phone.apk edit thread... hope that helps.

Carla 03-23-2010 07:04 PM

My proximity sensor works too well honestly, if it is that big of a problem take it in for service and see what they say.

Calkulin 03-25-2010 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DomSim (Post 1652825)

Is her phone rooted? Because if it is, I can post a phone.apk that has the mute & speakerphone buttons deleted and has a bigger contact pic

DomSim 03-25-2010 11:48 AM

thanks for the advice guys, her phone is not rooted. she wont let me play with it :(

Calkulin 03-25-2010 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DomSim (Post 1659044)
thanks for the advice guys, her phone is not rooted. she wont let me play with it :(

Just ask her if she wants to remove those buttons, then root it and I will post the phone.apk with instructions and done

DomSim 03-25-2010 12:23 PM

calk, you moved on to android? im itching too, counting down the days till summer for the evo 4g *drools* *makes other messes(in pants)*

Calkulin 03-25-2010 12:55 PM

Yeah I moved to the Moment earlier this month and I'm staying in Android for as long as I can see.....

rainfreak 03-25-2010 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calkulin (Post 1659224)
Yeah I moved to the Moment earlier this month and I'm staying in Android for as long as I can see.....

Amen brother, amen.